Sr QA Engineer
$85k - $115k •
We are building a SMS business messaging platform for Small, Medium and Enterprise Brick and Mortar businesses to help them communicate both with customers and teams internally.
We want you!
We're looking for experienced, super ambitious, product-minded folks to join our rapidly growing engineering team.
We are remote-first
Our main office is located in Richmond, VA, but the majority of our engineers are distributed.
Our tech + how we work
Our core backend is built with Go, but we are constantly exploring tech that best fits the needs of our customers and engineers. We run unit tests in Go and E2E tests in Python.
We believe in using the best tools for the job, and value engineering expertise over language prowess.
We predominantly communicate over Slack, making little use of email internally. We do daily standups each morning via Google Hangouts. Github is our repo tool of choice and we track progress and requirements via Jira.
You should apply if...
You're passionate about building beautifully crafted software and creating awesome developer experiences.
You want to build a product you would use yourself, and bring your unique insight and perspective to the table as an engineer in shaping our overarching product offering.
You like solving big problems. Our greatest challenges are on the horizon, and we'll need experienced, intelligent, hard-working and creative minds to solve foundational infrastructure challenges to further establish Hatch as the leading B2C messaging platform.
You value collaboration, autonomy, moving fast and getting lots done. We have no time or interest for bureaucracy and micromanagement — we're moving fast and you'll be required to take responsibility for delivering end to end to product.
You want to make a huge impact, and share in the success of a company you've helped build.
What you will do
- Triage bugs reported by customers and the Customer Success team
- Design, develop, and maintain automated tests using Python to test complex workflows
- Guide the automated execution of tests in a continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) test environment
- Participate in test planning and product planning processes
- Design and automate new and unique test cases for incoming customer use cases
- Carry out automated and manual tests, delivering clear status reports and timelines
- Document and advocate for the resolution of new bugs and communicate the impact to customers with stakeholders
- Participate in code reviews with other QA engineers and provide input on code implementation
- Develop, maintain and execute automation scripts/test plans and other QA project deliverables
- Identify, plan and participate in the delivery of process improvements
- Participate in Project meetings (daily standups, retrospectives, test plan review, etc.) as the testing subject matter expert
- Review and apply business requirements and software designs to ensure effective test design
- Expertise in developing TDD (Test Driven Development) and BDD (Behavior Driven Development) automation using Selenium
- Create, update and execute manual test plans
- Create, update and execute automated test scripts
- Lead regular project defect reviews with the project delivery team
- Document, reproduce and validate defects
- Communicate the status of testing by gathering project metrics, burn-down charts and milestones and communicate them effectively to project delivery team and leadership teams
- Drive testing issues through all phases of the development cycle to ensure delivery of high quality products
- Assist with future automation technologies and lead efforts to ensure automation needs are met for projects and releases
- Partner with Project teams (development, QA and business) to make automation more efficient
- Partner with the technical leads to provide root cause analysis of post-production issues
- Participate in training junior QA testers to effectively onboard them into the established testing framework