Alloy Automation (YC W20) is an ecommerce automation tool backed by Bain Capital and the founders of Webflow, Shippo, Italic, & more. Top agencies and brands like Red Antler, Zehner Group, and the Denver Broncos use Alloy to create automated workflows that get rid of the tedious aspects of running their stores.
What you'll be doing
- You'll be designing user flows for our workflow editor, recipe experience, app partner portal, and many other aspects of our product. Up to 15% of your time may be dedicated to supporting our marketing team in creating SEO-friendly landing pages to captivate users.
- You'll set the foundations for a strong design culture. We envision a design team that will influence design trends across our industry.
- You won't be limited to pushing pixels - we believe designers should be involved in company strategy, product direction, and anything else you might be interested in.
Who you'll work with
- Founders: Our founder Sara has created all design assets to date. You will work closely with her to improve and take over the existing design system.
- Customers: Alloy serves a wide variety of customers in e-commerce. Top D2C brands, R&B artists with merchandise stores, NFL football teams, and mom-and-pop shops.
- Partners: You'll meet our agencies and ecommerce app partners and design any relevant promotional/marketing materials.
What we're looking for
- Our ideal candidate is UX and customer-obsessed. Alloy is a complex product meant for non-technical users in ecommerce, so you will need to understand how to tailor our product to their needs.
- Technical chops. Exposure to API's or workflow engines will be helpful in this role. Bonus points for frontend web development.
- Initiative. As our first product designer you'll need to proactively identify problems and opportunities, and collaborate with the team to ship these features.
- 2+ years of experience or a strong portfolio demonstrating a solid foundation in UX and information design
About the Alloy team
- We are a team of 6, distributed internationally across 5 timezones. We host weekly Zooms to teach each other about our cultures. 🇺🇸🇵🇭🇮🇳
- We believe in having a life outside work (our team shares hobbies like photography 📷 and cooking 👨🏻🍳), but when it comes down to it, we'll work weekends to make customers happy.
- Our design stack is Figma, Zoom, Notion, and a Slack channel full of fun discussions, brainstorming, and the occasional meme.
- We run regular internal design feedback sessions and talk to customers frequently through a separate Slack.
- We believe that design sets us apart. Because we are building such a complex, technical tool, we need stellar UX design to make automation truly accessible to the masses.