Our mission is to help developers choose among millions of open-source packages, so they can build amazing products faster. We were founded in 2019 and are backed by some of the best investors in the industry. We're growing fast, currently serving half a million developers monthly, and are now hiring our 3rd and 4th engineers, as well as our first developer advocate! We offer great startup culture and energy, unparalleled impact and autonomy, and the opportunity to build something that helps millions of developers.
Openbase helps half a million developers choose the right open-source packages every month.
As our first Developer Advocate, you will report directly to the CEO and be responsible for spreading awareness of Openbase, helping us become a household name amongst millions of software developers worldwide. Your goal will be to build and engage a community of avid users, educate the developer community, and ultimately help millions of developers adopt and add Openbase to their list of daily tools.
We’re looking for a driven, self-starter who is passionate about what we do and can mobilize thousands of developers to use Openbase, contribute reviews, and be an active part of our community. You need to love startup environments and be located (or willing to relocate, post COVID) in the San Francisco Bay Area.
What you will be doing:
- Create and implement a feedback loop of insights from the developer community to inform and improve our product and roadmap.
- Write engaging technical blogs and social media posts, tutorials, and newsletters.
- Create videos to attract and educate developers about Openbase and open-source packages.
- Monitor and contribute to a variety of platforms, blogs, and forums, such as StackOverflow, GitHub, and Twitter, in search of package debates amongst the developer community. Evangelize Openbase and assist them with insights.
- Connect with hundreds of high-profile package maintainers, educating them on Openbase and how we can help them succeed, ultimately onboarding them and gathering feedback, insights, and ideas to inform product and business decisions.
- Become our spokesperson: speak at developer events and meetups. Seek out and participate in interviews with relevant media outlets and podcasts.
- Engage, build, and manage our most avid users through online groups, exclusive events, meetups, parties, competitions, and more.
- Generate new ideas on effective ways to spread Openbase adoption amongst developers. Rank, test, and execute on them.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years experience in this type of role within a startup environment, preferably Seed or Series A
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to engage and empathize with community members
- Demonstrated experience engaging and managing a community of online developers
- An experienced and confident public speaker adept at presenting to an audience of developers
- Additional development experience in Node / Python / Go
- Highly active in developer communities such as StackOverflow, GitHub, DEV, Reddit, etc
- Great understanding of the open-source market: GitHub, package registries, and other products
- Currently maintaining or contributing to an open-source project
Benefits + Perks
- You'll have a significant impact on the product and roadmap. Competitive benefits package that includes unlimited PTO, full medical coverage with the option to choose from a range of PPO and HMO plans, and a potentially life-changing stock options grant.