Full Stack Engineer
Our mission is to help developers choose among millions of open-source packages, so they can build amazing products faster. We were founded in 2019 and are backed by some of the best investors in the industry. We're growing fast, currently serving half a million developers monthly, and are now hiring our 3rd and 4th engineers, as well as our first developer advocate! We offer great startup culture and energy, unparalleled impact and autonomy, and the opportunity to build something that helps millions of developers.
Skills: Node.js, React, SQL
Openbase is currently hiring an experienced Full Stack Engineer to join our CORE team!
We are looking for seasoned Full Stack engineers passionate about developer tools and solving interesting challenges. Reporting directly to the CEO, you will work with a growing team of talented engineers to build a product that helps millions of developers make better open-source choices.
You need to love startup environments and be located (or willing to relocate, post COVID) in the San Francisco Bay Area.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and own different product facets and features of Openbase. From our PostgreSQL DB to GraphQL APIs, as well as our React-based frontend - from creation to deployment to measurement.
- Work with, extend, and optimize a huge PostgreSQL database containing billions of data points about millions of open source packages. This will include information, versions, and community knowledge.
- Develop performant GraphQL APIs with Postgraphile, Node, and Express alongside sophisticated database queries.
- Build the frontend for some Openbase pages, components, and features with TypeScript, React, GraphQL, styled-components, and advanced CSS.
- Build high-performance and resilient data collectors for package data. This includes multiple package registries and data sources, including GraphQL and REST APIs, source code analysis, and more.
- Recharts and D3.js
- Apollo GraphQL
- AWS and Netlify
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience with modern backend and frontend development
- Experience writing SQL with large data sets
- Experience building and working with APIs to create snappy and interactive apps
- Ability to implement complex designs with advanced CSS
Bonus points if you have:
- Familiarity with strongly-typed languages
- Experience with modern web infrastructure
- Some experience with Python, Java, or Go
Benefits + Perks
- You'll solve interesting challenges using best-of-breed technologies, and have a significant impact on the product and roadmap. Competitive benefits package that includes unlimited PTO, full medical coverage with the option to choose from a range of PPO and HMO plans, and a potentially life-changing stock options grant.