Sr. Software Engineer - Product
$115,500 - $148,500 •
We’re a Y Combinator backed company leading the transformation of major healthcare and government institutions to become modern, data-driven organizations. We believe that by building and connecting these data networks, allowing for the free flow of information, we will create the more equitable and rational world we envision. Recent Akido deployments include supporting a nation-wide disaster preparedness network, improving health outcomes by driving positive patient behavior at health systems, and combatting homelessness at ground zero in Los Angeles. Akido has assembled a diverse team of bright and motivated people who care deeply about solving these problems and making a lasting impact.
Skills: Express, Node.js, React, React Native, Redis, Microservices, PostgreSQL, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Note: there are multiple positions open for this role, focused on solutions for Healthcare and Government verticals. If interested in the role, please note whether you have a preference or any particular prior experience in either domain.
Applications Engineering @ Akido
As a senior individual contributor on the Akido Applications Engineering team, you will be involved, often in a leadership role, in all stages of the product development and deployment cycle, including: designing, planning, prototyping, executing, shipping and iterating on products for our clients. The majority of your time will be focused on new feature design and development, as well as architecture and optimization, but you'll also be expected to lead your peers by example and mentor more junior engineers joining the team. Your domain expertise and computer science instincts will help to solve a range of problems facing individual modules and multi-system integrations, and your skill in schema design and query optimization will help ensure our products continue to make an impact at scale.
This role will have a focus on applications and services that primarily serve our customers in the Government vertical, which broadly include municipal, county, state, and federal agencies
- 6+ years of professional programming experience
- 6+ years relevant experience building large-scale applications or similar experience
- 4+ years experience building applications using Node.js, React, and React Native
- Significant experience with SQL/NoSQL schema design and query optimization
- (Optional) Experience with Ruby is a plus, but not required
- Work closely with our PM and design teams to define feature specifications and build products for our healthcare and government customers
- Collaborate with DevOps and Platform teams to build and scale back-end services and shared APIs
- As a senior individual contributor, take a leading role to build and improve Engineering @ Akido at large, by proactively seeking out process improvements and performance optimizations, modeling high standards and mentoring junior developers, and generally ensuring high quality of our codebases and operational excellence.