$115,500 - $148,500 •
We’re a Y Combinator backed company leading the transformation of major healthcare and government institutions to become modern, data-driven organizations. We believe that by building and connecting these data networks, allowing for the free flow of information, we will create the more equitable and rational world we envision. Recent Akido deployments include supporting a nation-wide disaster preparedness network, improving health outcomes by driving positive patient behavior at health systems, and combatting homelessness at ground zero in Los Angeles. Akido has assembled a diverse team of bright and motivated people who care deeply about solving these problems and making a lasting impact.
Skills: Software Security, Bash/Shell, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Akido Labs is looking for a detail-oriented Security Engineer to be responsible for desktop, mobile, server, and network security, troubleshooting network access and implementing network security policies and procedures for our organization. Additional responsibilities include reviewing current security measures, recommending enhancements, identifying areas of weakness, and responding promptly to possible security breaches. You will also be responsible for conducting regular system tests and ensuring the continuous monitoring of the network's security.
To be a successful Security Engineer, you should be experienced in information security and IT risk assessment, with a strong understanding of security protocols, authentication, and security. You should also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, and be able to work with a wide variety of people.
- At least 3 years of experience in the cybersecurity industry
- A strong understanding and knowledge of computer, network, and security systems.
- Experience implementing managing monitoring solutions included but not limited to Elastic APM, Splunk, and Zabbix
- Experience working with configuration management solutions such as Ansible
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects and work independently
- Ability to interact with a wide range of people from different backgrounds and races
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to solve problems as they arise
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with AWS-based solutions is preferred
- Configuring security systems, analyzing security requirements, and recommending improvements on a continuous basis
- Performing vulnerability and penetration tests, identifying and defending against threats, and developing disaster recovery plans
- Updating software with the latest security patches and ensuring the proper defenses are present for each network resource
- Installing, administering, and troubleshooting network security solutions
- Defending systems against unauthorized access
- Monitoring traffic for suspicious activity
- Configuring and supporting security tools (firewalls, antivirus, and IDS/IPS software)
- Implementing network security policies
- Analyzing and establishing security requirements
- Identifying threats and working on steps to defend against them
- Training employees in security awareness/procedures
- Conducting security audits
- Making policy recommendations
- Providing technical security advice
- Consulting with staff, managers and executives on best security practices