$60k - $80k •
Lucy’s mission is to reduce tobacco-related harm to zero. We provide next-generation nicotine products, with just pure nicotine and food-grade ingredients, that appeal to a wide variety of consumers. We’re a fresh take on an old habit, providing a cleaner, more convenient alternative to the products on the market today.
- Founded in 2016 by former Soylent (YC S12) co-founders and executives.
- Announced first product publicly in 2019 after several years building manufacturing capacity and brand. See announcement post.
- Now selling multiple product both online and in retail stores.
- Growing team in Los Angeles and remotely.
Current Growth Trajectory
We have strong product-market fit with high LTV and low CAC. The tobacco industry is in upheaval at the moment, with new regulation landing daily that makes it harder for our competitors to sell their harmful products. Joining our team offers a unique opportunity to see first-hand the disruption of a centuries-old industry worth more than a trillion dollars globally.
Relevant Reading Material:
- US Government Bans Flavored Vape Products
- FDA Comprehensive Plan for Reducing Tobacco Related Harm
- Juul Employees Say “Morale Is At An All-Time Low” After Its Worst Year Ever
We have a superior product, regulatory tailwinds, and a rapidly scalable distribution plan. There are still over 30 million Americans using harmful tobacco products, and we want to switch all of them to our product and give them control over their addiction and health for the future. We are looking for hardworking individuals to join us in driving a stake in the heart of the tobacco industry once and for all.
LUCY is a fast-growing startup who's mission is to eliminate tobacco-related harm, the leading cause of preventable death worldwide, by creating better and safer nicotine products. We are hiring an operations manager to be responsible to oversee the sourcing, manufacture, packaging, distribution, and fulfillment of our products through both ecommerce and wholesale channels.
The ideal candidate will have had prior experience with physical goods production and distribution. Key characteristics include:
- Excitement for working in a start-up environment with high level of ambiguity and change
- Strong project management skills
- Customer service-focused mindset
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven ability to quickly generate and adapt to new data on performance
- Willingness to travel and be onsite at production and fulfillment centers
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization, including to senior management
Responsibilities will include:
- Accurately forecasting and ensure appropriate levels of raw material, packaging, equipment, and staff.
- Maintaining and develop strong relations with current manufacturing partners across multiple countries
- Managing distribution to our ecommerce fulfillment centers and multiple wholesale clients
- Anticipating and resolving supply chain or fulfillment bottlenecks before they affect our bottom line
- Creating and maintaining reporting mechanisms for efficiency and quality
- Identifying deficiencies in processes and developing solutions that lead to lowering cost and quality concerns
- Documenting and updating SOPs for all current and new processes within production.
Requirements: 3+ years of experience in physical or consumer goods operations Bachelors degree High proficiency with Microsoft Excel