Data Product Manager
We're leveraging data, ML, and web-based workflow tools to dramatically improve the construction and remodeling experience for homeowners, architects, and contractors.
BuildZoom is a managed marketplace that is modernizing the $1.2 trillion remodeling and construction industry. To bring transparency and accountability to this notoriously opaque industry, we have developed a system that compiles and analyzes data on over 200 million construction projects, completed by 3.5 million licensed contractors, on over 50 million job sites.
In addition to powering our marketplace, the data platform also enables BuildZoom to partner with some of the world’s largest companies in the insurance, real estate, and financial service markets.
This role is a hybrid of Data Product Management and Solutions Engineering. Working with our Director of Product Management and SVP of Business Development, you will turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions for us and our business partners. The successful candidate is technical, eloquent, and effective when interfacing with high-level business executives, analysts, and data scientists. By enabling existing and prospective strategic partners to leverage our data platform, you will further accelerate our rapid growth trajectory.
This position can be located in Scottsdale, AZ or San Francisco, CA.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our data system and how it can be used to support a wide variety of use cases across multiple industries, which include insurance companies, lenders, and real estate businesses
- Work with a data set that includes over 220M records and billions of construction data points, applying modern statistical techniques to identify data patterns, inconsistencies, trends, insights, and opportunities
- Help us win large enterprise partnership deals by engaging with technical counterparts within the partner’s organization
- Work closely with our SVP of Business Development to gain a deep understanding of customer use cases and propose solutions that include data, technology, and marketing components
- Collaborate with our Director of Product Management to improve our data set and map out a forward-looking data strategy
- Working knowledge of applied statistics
- 2+ years of data analysis experience
- Technical expertise in SQL and Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, data joins, cleanup, and aggregation)
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with ability to distill large data sets into meaningful insights
- Ability to organize and present complex information to effectively advocate technical solutions to non-technical audiences
- Attention to detail
- Interest in company strategy, business development, and sales
ReactJS, GraphQL, Ruby on Rails, Python, Redis, Aurora, MySQL, Postgres, Snowflake, Elasticsearch, AWS.