Head of Marketing
Demodesk is are building the world's first intelligent online meeting platform for customer interactions - think of Zoom 2.0 combined with Gong/Salesloft. What makes us different from Zoom, Google Meet and alikes is our unique approach to screen sharing. We don’t record the presenter's local desktop screen but use cloud-based virtual displays. By doing that, we can automatically load the right presentation content, assist the presenter in real-time by displaying talk tracks and battle cards without the customer noticing, and have significantly more data to analyze than existing tools. Demodesk seamlessly integrates within a sales process and helps sales teams increase productivity by automating all workflows from meeting scheduling to preparation and CRM logging. We are serving 200 customers today (mostly B2B SaaS in the US and Europe) and are growing at double digit rates every month. We are a hybrid-remote team of 30 international employees with offices in Munich and SF and plan to triple in size over the next 12 months. Our vision is to become the leading online meeting platform for customer interactions. We want to enable anyone to have a great remote customer conversation. Rather than replacing human interactions, we want to augment the seller’s conversation skills by using our disruptive technology. We believe that there is an incredible opportunity to disrupt the way we, as humans, communicate. We like to use the example of self-driving cars – Today, we have cars that analyze endless amounts of data in real-time and help the driver augment his driving skills, up to the point where the car almost drives independently. When you compare this with remote conversations, the opportunity for improvement is astounding. Today, there are only functional communication tools that let us hear someone, see someone, and record a desktop screen. Imagine having this functionality combined with the vast amounts of valuable data flowing through these servers. This data is not yet being harnessed to enable people to have amazing conversations with one-another. We are about to change that. Join us on this incredibly exciting journey!
// About us
Demodesk is building the world's first intelligent online meeting platform with the vision to enable anyone to have great customer conversations. Web conferencing tools that are being used today are purely functional. They hardly offer anything beyond video calling and local desktop sharing. In a time where almost all companies build web-based software, it's needlessly complicated to route screen sharing through local desktops still. And even though AI and NLP are slowly upgrading call recording, vendors are still having a hard time making sense of sales conversations at scale and tracking meaningful data. We have developed a new approach to screen sharing. Traditional tools only record a video of the presenter's local desktop screen. We set up a 100% web-based virtual display instead, that anyone can access by just clicking a link. By utilizing a virtual display, our software can automatically load the right presentation content at the meeting start, provide real-time conversational guidance on the sales rep's side without the customer seeing it, and have significantly more data to analyze than existing tools. Help us redefine web conferencing and be ready to play an essential role in achieving this goal by joining our international team in San Francisco, Munich or fully remote.
As Head of Marketing you will spearhead Demodesk’s hypergrowth and be a core member of the management team. You will be leading all marketing activities from social media and digital campaigns to advertising and creative projects. You will be responsible for demand generation, product marketing and performance marketing in Europe and the United States. With your experience in B2B SaaS marketing, you are setting the foundation for the marketing department to elevate the Demodesk brand and set the path to become the leading online meeting platform for customer-facing conversations.
- Set up lead generation channels: Acquire customers across geographies and create predictable and scalable inbound channels for Demodesk. You are a creative thinker, able to think outside the box, develop strong hypotheses, set up new initiatives quickly, test and iterate, and make data-driven decisions.
- Shine a light on the best aspects of our product: You develop creative and effective ways to promote our product towards our ICP. You are obsessed with identifying our customers’ biggest pain points and finding the most efficient way to communicate the value of Demodesk. You will own our website, blog, newsletter and social media channels and ensure a strong brand identity across all channels.
- Manage partnerships and build the Demodesk ecosystem: In B2B SaaS no tool wins alone, that's why we focused early on partnerships with Salesforce or Hubspot. You will take over those partnerships, leverage partner platforms and explore co-marketing opportunities.
- Set and report team goals and budgets: Together with our VP Sales and our Head of Product you regularly review our ideal customer profile and optimize our marketing channels to optimize your KPIs (#MQLs, #SQLs, CAC).
// Your Profile
- 2+ years experience as Head of Marketing or VP Marketing, preferably within B2B SaaS
- Experience running successful Marketing campaigns across disciplines (e.g., Content, SEO, SEA, Partner Channels)
- Strong analytical skills, frontend coding experience and experience with Salesforce, Hubspot, Google Data Studio, Wordpress and Webflow is a plus
- Leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritize goals
- Ability to respond to changing priorities in an evolving business environment and coordinate multiple projects BSc or MSc in Marketing or relevant field
- Perfect written and spoken English skills
// Why us
- Well-funded and backed by Silicon Valley's top investors and angels, including Y Combinator
- A fast-growing, diverse, and international team of tech enthusiasts and entrepreneurs
- Unique proprietary screen sharing technology using a demanding tech stack
- Full responsibility from day one and being part of our hierarchy-free and results-driven working environment
- Competitive salary plus attractive stock compensation package
- Flexible working hours and annual travel allowance for working remotely
- Attractive perks including gym memberships, German language course, top of the line MacBook or Linux machine, professional development budget of 1.500 € per year
- Regular team events like dinners, Oktoberfest, ski trips, and much more