Demodesk is are building the world's first intelligent online meeting platform for customer interactions - think of Zoom 2.0 combined with Gong/Salesloft. What makes us different from Zoom, Google Meet and alikes is our unique approach to screen sharing. We don’t record the presenter's local desktop screen but use cloud-based virtual displays. By doing that, we can automatically load the right presentation content, assist the presenter in real-time by displaying talk tracks and battle cards without the customer noticing, and have significantly more data to analyze than existing tools. Demodesk seamlessly integrates within a sales process and helps sales teams increase productivity by automating all workflows from meeting scheduling to preparation and CRM logging. We are serving 200 customers today (mostly B2B SaaS in the US and Europe) and are growing at double digit rates every month. We are a hybrid-remote team of 30 international employees with offices in Munich and SF and plan to triple in size over the next 12 months. Our vision is to become the leading online meeting platform for customer interactions. We want to enable anyone to have a great remote customer conversation. Rather than replacing human interactions, we want to augment the seller’s conversation skills by using our disruptive technology. We believe that there is an incredible opportunity to disrupt the way we, as humans, communicate. We like to use the example of self-driving cars – Today, we have cars that analyze endless amounts of data in real-time and help the driver augment his driving skills, up to the point where the car almost drives independently. When you compare this with remote conversations, the opportunity for improvement is astounding. Today, there are only functional communication tools that let us hear someone, see someone, and record a desktop screen. Imagine having this functionality combined with the vast amounts of valuable data flowing through these servers. This data is not yet being harnessed to enable people to have amazing conversations with one-another. We are about to change that. Join us on this incredibly exciting journey!
// About us
Demodesk is building the world's first intelligent online meeting tool with the vision to enable anyone to have great customer conversations. Web conferencing tools that are being used today are purely functional. They hardly offer anything beyond video calling and local desktop sharing. In a time where almost all companies build web-based software, it's needlessly complicated to route screen sharing through local desktops still. And even though AI and NLP are slowly upgrading call recording, vendors are still having a hard time making sense of sales conversations at scale and tracking meaningful data. We have developed a new approach to screen sharing. Traditional tools only record a video of the presenter's local desktop screen. We set up a 100% web-based virtual display instead, that anyone can access by just clicking a link. By utilizing a virtual display, our software can automatically load the right presentation content at the meeting start, provide real-time conversational guidance on the sales rep's side without the customer seeing it and have significantly more data to analyze than existing tools. Help us redefine web conferencing and be ready to play an essential role in achieving this goal by joining our international team in San Francisco, Munich or fully remote.
As Founding Designer you have the power to transform the entire trajectory of Demodesk, shaping everything from how users interact with the product, to the branding and creative work that draws in new customers. We have the strong belief that an outstanding design is of utmost importance to build a successful business. This includes branding as well as the design of the user interface and experience of our product.
- Create the ultimate best User Experience: Together with our product and engineering team you will help our customers solve their toughest business challenges using technology. You will gather and evaluate user requirements to create an intuitive user experience and ultimately reinvent the way sales conversations are conducted.
- Develop a beautiful User Interface: Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how our product functions. You have an outstanding eye for detail and design and are able to establish beautiful design guidelines and templates that speak the company language and have the potential to set a new standard in software design.
- Define and build the Demodesk brand together with Marketing and the Management Team: You will be working closely with the Head of Marketing and the CEO to ensure design and branding is consistent across the company and supports the Demodesk vision. You will co-own Demodesk’s website and marketing design and help establish a new design standard in the industry using internal and external resources.
- Build a Design Team: You will build a world-class design team to help Demodesk scale. You will lead and coordinate all design efforts in the company and define the company strategy together with the management team.
// Your Profile
- 5+ years work experience as UX/UI designer for a web application, optimally in a fast growing international B2B SaaS startup.
- Outstanding portfolio of design projects and experience with wireframe tools and design software
- Entrepreneurial thinker with a get s*** done attitude. You are energized by the idea of creating something out of nothing.
- Natural leader with the ability to create the first processes and systems to create a home for design to thrive.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with various stakeholders
- Ability to respond to changing priorities in an evolving business environment and coordinate multiple projects.
// Why us
- Well-funded and backed by Silicon Valley's top investors and angels, including Y Combinator
- Fast-growing, diverse and international team of tech enthusiasts and entrepreneurs
- Unique proprietary screen sharing technology using a demanding tech stack
- Full responsibility from day one and being part of our hierarchy-free and results-driven working environment
- Competitive salary plus attractive stock compensation package
- Flexible working hours and annual travel allowance for working remotely
- Attractive perks including gym memberships, German language course, top of the line MacBook or Linux machine, professional development budget of 1.500 € per year
- Regular team events like dinners, Oktoberfest, ski trips and much more
Our tech is very diverse and ranges from ES2019 in the frontend to C in the backend. Generally we use:
- Frontend: Vue.js, ES2019, Webpack, SCSS
- Web backend: Ruby on Rails, Postgres, Redis
- Microservices: Node.js, Sinatra, C, X11
- Infrastructure: Google Cloud, Kubernetes and GKE for orchestration, Grafana