Staff Software Engineer
Iron Ox is building robotic greenhouses to make fresh produce accessible to everyone!
Interested in helping feed people using advanced robotics and machine learning? Come join us. We're a team of ex-Google[x] and Willow Garage engineers developing a fully automated robotic farm to make the highest quality produce accessible to everyone.
Skills: C++, Python
Iron Ox is reimagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone.
Our experienced team of growers, plant scientists, engineers, and innovators are passionate about deeply understanding and developing this new wave of technology to feed an ever-growing population. Our mission at Iron Ox is dedicated to addressing some of the most significant issues in food security, now and in the future. We’re focused on sustainable, scalable food production for a changing climate and an ever-growing population.
Who We’re Looking For
As a Staff Software Engineer you will join the Software team to help realize our vision for an optimized, intelligent farm. As part of our team, you will lead our efforts to optimize and harden our software stack. This is a unique role that allows a person to explore systems ranging from robot navigation, to machine vision, to planning, and robot manipulation. You will play a key role in our efforts to develop, deploy, and maintain production-quality code that runs on the robots and on our servers.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Software Engineer who cares about the craft of coding and system architecture. Deep knowledge of C++ and a good understanding of Python, concurrency and networking are required. This is a great position for a software engineer who is interested in learning more about robotics.
What You'll Do
- Own, architect, and implement software systems for simulation, physical robots, systems and devices
- Improve our software practices by providing guidance through architecture designs, design and code reviews
- Integrate and test software solutions in simulation and on physical robots
- Work with internal teams to identify needs, gather requirements and compile requirement documents
- Work with and mentor software engineering team members
What You'll Bring
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer writing production-quality code in C++
- Experience with Python, concurrency and networking
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to commute to our offices in San Carlos and Gilroy to work on physical robots as needed
- Background in robotics or 3D simulation/games/tools
- Experience in ROS/ROS2
- Experience with system integration and development on physical systems
- Embedded Linux software development
- An interest in agriculture
What We Offer
- Iron Ox is a small startup with a big dream. You’ll be a part of a team founded on transparency, creativity, and impact on our mission to feed people
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity package
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
We are a mission-driven and well-funded startup, backed by the likes of YCombinator, Pathbreaker Ventures, and Crosslink Capital. We are headquartered in San Carlos, CA with our primary production greenhouse facility located in Gilroy, CA.
Iron Ox is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please note: Iron Ox does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Iron Ox employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed agreement will become property of Iron Ox.
Python, PostgreSQL, REST, AWS, Robot Operating System, C++