Software Engineer, Fullstack
Turn your CSV and Excel files to live databases and REST APIs, instantly.
Dropbase turns CSV files into live databases and REST APIs.
At Dropbase, we are changing the way people move, process, and use data across organizations and within teams. The world's data is trapped offline through CSV and Excel files. We make this data more useful by bringing it online to databases.
Dropbase is backed by Y Combinator and other Silicon Valley investors.
As an early engineering recruit, you'll get a lot of autonomy, responsibility, and ownership. You will get challenging problems to solve with lots of context and guidance. We're an early stage startup and you'll be working directly with the founders, helping define vision, system architecture, and product. Join us to be part of the core engineering team we're building.
Who You Are
You take initiative and prioritize the work that adds the most value to the company. You work with urgency, have great focus, take ownership, and get things done. You are constantly learning, always improving.
You strive for excellence. You care deeply about building great products, our customers, and our company. You contribute to open source projects. You appreciate giving and receiving critical feedback because it helps teams grow. You communicate with clarity and high insight density. You constantly bring up new ideas and speak up when you believe things can be improved.
As a Full-stack Engineer you will work with the founders, alongside backend engineers and frontend engineers. You will be responsible for the development of new features, enhancement of user experience, and optimization of the product.
Besides working on the codebase, you will play a key role in product direction and setting up the right processes to help the product scale.
- Full-stack development
- Python (Flask)
- Design and development of features and REST APIs
- Third party API integration (Stripe, Sendgrid, OAuth 2.0)
- Planning, scaling, and deploying application on AWS and related cloud infrastructure
- Design, test, deploy and maintain codebase
- You write clean, testable and maintainable code
- Proficient with Python
- Proficient with relational databases
- Experience designing REST APIs
- Good eye for design and UX
- Experience designing scalable systems
- Ability to readily learn most technologies on-the-go
- Ability to thrive in an fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy
- Verbal and written English fluency
- Experience with AWS/GCP/Azure
- Experience with GraphQL, gRPC
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with WebAssembly
- Experience with Jest or Puppeteer
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Comprehensive benefits package including physical and mental health, vision, dental, and other paramedical services
- $100/month spending account for well-being, self-growth, entertainment, and productivity subscriptions
How to Apply
Click here to apply.
- Flask, Pandas