Customer Experience Representative
OpenPhone is on the mission to build the world's best calling and messaging app for professionals and businesses. With over 10,000 paying customers already, we are aiming to be the #1 communications app for the 130 million professionals in North America.
Our founders are previous engineers and product managers at companies that have built software for over half a million businesses. We are backed by the industry’s best venture firms including Y Combinator, Slow Ventures, and Garage Capital, with an amazing list of advisors from Asana, Facebook, Google, and more.
Do you love helping customers? Do you thrive in autonomous, fast-paced environments? Do you want to make a major impact at a high-growth startup?
As the Customer Experience Representative at OpenPhone, you’ll represent the voice of the customer to our product team and play a key role in the development of our best in class customer service. Alongside your team, you will assist hundreds of customers weekly, making sure they get the most out of using OpenPhone by answering any questions and troubleshooting technical issues.
You'll also collect product insights to help the engineering and design teams create the best product for our users. Here is a post about how we do it if you're curious. While your core responsibilities revolve around helping customers, you'll also work on projects to design and scale our customer experience team.
Here are some things you’ll do
- Support OpenPhone customers and prospects by answering questions via email, phone, and text (using OpenPhone, of course)
- Troubleshoot product issues and communicate with the engineering team to quickly resolve them
- Identify operational inefficiencies and recommend process improvements
- Turn customer questions into useful content - articles, how-to videos, saved replies, etc
- Translate customer needs and feature requests into recommendations for our product team
- Identify potential high growth accounts and sales opportunities and hand them off to our customer success team
- Create and update internal customer support documentation as needed
- You have 1-2 years of professional experience, ideally in a fast-paced environment
- You have a Bachelor Degree or something you feel is equivalent
- You’ve demonstrated skills and passion for handling customer questions and issues resourcefully and with empathy
- You have exceptional writing skills (bonus points for a good sense of humor - telecommunications shouldn't be boring 🤘)
- You are a great communicator and have attention to detail
- You can troubleshoot technical issues and are not afraid to get into the nitty-gritty
- You are excited about being a part of an early-stage company and want to build alongside a team of passionate people
- You're excited to continually improve and grow your skill-set, both inside the current role and grow beyond it
There's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.
We're a distributed team working from San Francisco, Seattle, Ottawa, Moscow, Manila, Phoenix, and Sydney. While you can be based anywhere in the world, most of our customers are in the US & Canada so the ability to work PST, MST or CST hours is required for this role. This role will require the ability to work at least one Saturday or Sunday shift.
Front-end: React, React Native, Swift, Java, Kotlin