OpenPhone is on the mission to build the world's best calling and messaging app for professionals and businesses. With over 10,000 paying customers already, we are aiming to be the #1 communications app for the 130 million professionals in North America.
Our founders are previous engineers and product managers at companies that have built software for over half a million businesses. We are backed by the industry’s best venture firms including Y Combinator, Slow Ventures, and Garage Capital, with an amazing list of advisors from Asana, Facebook, Google, and more.
Do you love creating amazing software? Do you thrive in autonomous, fast-paced environments? Do you want to make a major impact at a high-growth startup?
As the first member of our QA team, you’ll directly impact the OpenPhone customer experience by maintaining a high bar for the quality of our iOS, Android, web, and desktop apps. You’ll own major features, working closely with everyone on the team to deliver a world-class product.
Here are some things you’ll do:
- Build test plans for new features, feature updates, and product improvements
- Set standard for testing best practices on the engineering team
- Execute tests on our beta release candidates for iOS, Android, web, and desktop apps
- Analyze error trends to identify patterns and root cause systemic issues
- Analyze product feedback to help us create the best product for our customers
- Own features through inception, design feedback, implementation, and launch
- Collaborate with our Product, Engineering, and Customer Experience teams
- You have 2+ years of experience in Quality Assurance / DevOps / Engineering
- You're comfortable with web monitoring systems such as New Relic, Papertrail, LogDNA, and Sentry.
- You have a strong quality sense and experience working closely with mobile and web development teams
- You're an excellent communicator with a passion for tough technical problems
- You have great attention to detail
- Familiarity with consumer centric Mobile and Web app testing
- Product intuition and user empathy
- Experience ensuring a consistent user experience across different platforms
- Understanding of the importance of test plans and how to approach writing informative bug reports
- Self-drive to improve the product experience
- Familiarity with a scripting language like Python, Swift for iOS, Espresso for Android, TestCafe for Web
There's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. We're looking for an optimist with grit and determination, who is excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply to us even if you don't 100% match the exact candidate description.
Front-end: React, React Native, Swift, Java, Kotlin