AI-powered sales solution based on your best customers
- We're a passionate and growing team from around the world - the US, Europe, and Asia. Our customers include Mixpanel, UserTesting, Heap, ON24, BrightTALK, LaunchDarkly, etc.
- We've been recognized by SaaS Awards as a finalist for 3 categories: Best SaaS for Sales & Marketing, Best SaaS for Improved Productivity, and Best SaaS Newcomer 2020.
- We are growing 3-4x year over year.
- We believe strongly in being customer-focused and data-driven in everything we do.
- We are an inclusive workplace. We value individual differences in the workforce and strive to make everyone feel welcomed and accepted, regardless of their skin color, gender or sexual orientation.
- Our products help companies generate new revenue for their businesses. Our customers see a > 1,000% return in investment (ROI) within the first year.
- As a remote company, we have a Weekly Standup every Monday, a virtual Happy Hour every 6 weeks, and a Company All-Hands every quarter so that everyone stays connected and updated.
About the role
Skills: MySQL, PHP
We're looking for a Software Engineer to help build new products and scale our platform supporting the business growth.
As a Software Engineer
- You are responsible for implementing and maintaining scoped tasks and products.
- You will support the engineering team in the backend development of our products.
- You will implement well-specced features and contribute to future design decisions.
- You will write clean, secure and well-tested code.
- You will receive guidance and technical mentoring from the manager, and work closely with the rest of the team.
- You will design and build software primarily in PHP and MySQL. Other languages are explored and chosen based on best-suited language for a task.
Why you should join our Engineering team
- You'll get responsibilities and a voice within the company and your work will be instrumental in bringing the company forward.
- You'll be working on the forefront of an AI technology that solves real customer needs
- We are a caring company with a great work environment.
- You’ll get access. We are YC-backed and our Co-Founders who quit manager positions at Google and PwC to found UserGems are still key contributors to our team.
- "Stupid questions do not exist" and "Learning never stops" are core to our team’s philosophy. We are excited about new technologies and work hard to make sure that everyone is set up for success.
How you'll ramp
Within your first week...
- You will get onboarded, get familiar with the processes within UserGems and will push your first code.
By day 30...
- You have developed a small standalone project which could benefit UserGems in the future
- Now you have mastered the IDE, coding style and workflow.
By day 60...
- You are familiar with the UserGems code base and workflow because you have developed several features that are already live in production.
By day 90...
- You will continue to implement features and be a crucial part of the engineering design process.
- You will have a thorough understanding of the tech stack at UserGems.
- You will contribute to proposing, designing, and implementing solutions to improve stability, quality, and reliability of our products.
What you've accomplished so far
- You love coding, that is why you have developed personal projects in the past.
- You are proactive and like to take responsibility.
- You have a degree in computer science or similar.
- You are highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- You have a basic understanding of Clean Code and you know the importance of test cases.
How to apply
Send the following information to [email protected]
- Your resume / CV
- The role you are applying for
- Why you are interested in this role