Senior Fullstack Engineer
$75k - $180k • 1.00% - 3.00%
We help international founders incorporate and manage a U.S. business
At Jumpstart, we’re on an (ambitious) mission to enable international founders to easily start and manage an U.S. business. We’re based in Minneapolis and backed by Craft Ventures, Foundation Capital, and Y Combinator (S20 batch).
Our goal is to make the experience of starting a company as seamless as paying for running water. By streamlining the process of starting a company, getting a tax ID number, and bank account we aim to play a role in helping millions of people build their dream business.
Want to learn more about our company? Check us out here: https://www.notion.so/jumpstartinc/Jumpstart-Hiring-5116bedb601343a2a6364ffc4527089f
- Leading the effort in building out a seamless, beautiful customer experience with React, TypeScript, and Redux that feels comfortable and effortless for our customers.
- Helping to scale our backend beyond handling the the huge number of requests we get daily.
- Helping to shape our devops/infra with Bazel, Terraform, and beyond to streamline our CI/CD pipeline from commit to deploy.
- Shaping our practice as one of our early hires, bringing your technical experience and knowledge of best practices to establish a strong engineering culture.
- Work with a team of 4 engineers to help unblock and resolve issues
You might be a great fit if you...
- Have taken a customer-facing product from conception to execution, and are excited about doing so again at Jumpstart
- Are enthusiastic about learning and diving deeply into new, unfamiliar technologies
- Care about writing clean, well-documented code and appreciate static typing
- Are curious about tackling challenging, gnarly technical problems around data, predictive modeling, discrete optimization, and operations
- Enjoy working with a small team in a fast-paced environment
You should have:
- Strong working knowledge of computer science fundamentals, equivalent to a B.S., M.S., or Ph.D in Computer Science.
- Strong front-end skills (we have a huge emphasis on design and exceptional customer experience)
- Comfort with writing substantial new code and modifying existing, mature code.
- Experience building distributed systems.
- Experience writing high-performance systems is a plus.
- Track record of learning new technologies and concepts quickly.
- Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively, as needed.
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills.
- Experience in Next.js