Token Transit puts cities in the center of managing new mobility. We help city governments keep pace with the rapidly changing transportation environment by providing innovative new methods for transit payment.
We believe that transportation needs to be accessible, affordable and efficient. Private mobility companies were providing innovative new services but failing to meet these important goals. We started Token Transit to partner with cities to expand accessible, affordable and efficient transportation access from the city bus or subway to bikeshare, rideshare and beyond.
Token Transit launched our mobile ticketing app in 2016. We now provide payments for transportation in over 100 cities across the United States and Canada and expanded our payment service to include third party trip planning apps such as Transit, Moovit and Google Maps.
Token Transit is looking to add a Product Designer to our team on a part-time contracted basis for up to ~six months, starting November 2020.
- Be the designer within a cross-functional (Engineering, Ops, Sales/BD) team to iterate on existing product features and develop new ones.
- Inspire the team by bringing new ideas to the table.
- Investigate user needs and testing, identifying mental models, needs, and pain points to inform feature development.
- Develop wireframes and task flows based on user needs with annotations. We currently use Sketch.
- Collaborate with the team to create intuitive, user-friendly services and APIs. Craft well documented/specified wireframes and task flows for implementation by engineering.
- Experience designing digital products and systems.
- Experience with prototyping as a means to communicate design solutions
- Attention to detail and a data-driven approach to understanding what's required for great user experiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to handle uncertainty and ambiguity well. You can make clear decisions with limited information.
- Comfort in regularly delivering /receiving peer feedback and an optimistic and inquisitive worldview
- Experience designing an API/SDK UI for partner applications
What does success look like?
- You understand our riders’ needs and deliver responsive, high-quality UX designs.
- You have a platform mindset - delivering features/functionality that meet the needs of all of our stakeholders - trip planning apps, riders, and agencies.
- You are good at making tradeoffs and sequencing your work to deliver incremental value quickly.
If you don't tick every box above, we'd still encourage you to apply. We're building a diverse team whose skills balance and complement one another.
Token Transit & Return to office plans: Our team has been working from home since March 2020. We anticipate reopening up our San Francisco office once it is safe, no sooner than August 2021. Given today's shelter-in-place world and the expectation we'll be working from home for quite some time, don't let geography keep you from applying!
How to apply: Send your resume, a brief explanation of why you want to work for Token Transit, links to any online presence you’re particularly proud of (blog, online portfolio), and any other information you find relevant to [email protected].