mRelief is a tech nonprofit that provides an easy-to-use platform through web, text messaging and voice that helps people sign up for the SNAP (food stamps) program. Our mission is to transform access to social services for the inherent dignity of all people. To date we have helped more than 700,000 families connect to social services and unlocked over $240 Million in food stamp benefits.
mRelief has been backed by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, the Knight Foundation, New Media Ventures Fund, Unorthodox Philanthropy and the Stupski Foundation. Our clients include the Catholic Charities, Share our Strength and the National Domestic Workers Alliance.
Skills: React, Ruby on Rails
We are looking for an outstanding React and Ruby on Rails developer to join our team and help transform access to social services. This is a full-time position located in Chicago.
As soon as you start at mRelief, you will play a critical role in building an affirming process for families to sign up for food stamps.
- Extensive experience with React and Redux
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and Postgres
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience scaling web applications
- Deep passion for mRelief’s work and civic technology
- Willingness and eagerness to work on transformative technology in a startup environment
- Strong communication skills with an ability to communicate clearly and concisely to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong sense of mission and value alignment with mRelief
- Ability to collaborate and pair-program effectively
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects