Community Manager - Sports & Trading Cards
$55k - $110k • 0.10% - 0.75%
Whatnot is redefining buying & selling collectibles by bringing the best parts of offline retail online. Today’s online marketplaces are neither safe, nor fun -- they’re full of counterfeits, and you shop by endlessly scrolling through listings. Whatnot solves these problems by verifying every item sold, and by building fun, social shopping experiences to enjoy with friends and community members like live auctions, sales, and more.
Whatnot is backed by some of the best venture capital investors in the industry including Y Combinator and Wonder Ventures.
As a community manager for sports cards, you’ll be responsible for building a thriving community of sports cards collectors on Whatnot. You’ll need to onboard top sellers, schedule live streams with top sports card collectors, and help promote the category across social media.
- Find and convince top sports card sellers to use Whatnot
- Onboard top sports card sellers to use Whatnot
- Schedule live auctions and shopping events with top sports card sellers
- Promote sports card events and category on Whatnot
- Assist with customer support and item verificationBe flexible enough to work across any area in the business that needs
You have 3+ years of work experience in a fast-paced environment where you’ve had to wear many hats. Also:
- You’re a sports card collector and participate in the sports-card community on social media
- You’re a problem solver, and are comfortable figuring out the best solution to problems with little guidance
- You like to learn, and pick up on new things fast. You’ve: mastered a difficult skill or role with no prior experience
- You take ownership: You like to take ownership over things and have successfully led large projects from beginning to end
- You’re willing to get your hands dirty, and work across a variety of different functions as needed. We’re a startup, so you’ll wear
- You have relationships with top sports card sellers or influencers
- You have marketing experience -- particularly with social-media marketing
- You have sales or partnerships experience in the influencer or ecommerce space