Machine Learning Engineer
Flock makes wireless security systems for neighborhoods and police departments.
While only 13% of non-violent crime is solved today, with our wireless license plate reading cameras, our goal is to take that to 100%.
Skills: Python, SQL, TensorFlow, Machine Learning
Help us eliminate non-violent crime, one community at a time
Are you excited about eliminating non-violent crime and fascinated by the potential for technology to accelerate it? Do you want to help build a company that’s solving crime every day, while creating public / private partnerships, and protecting the privacy of individual citizens?
Flock Safety exists to eliminate crime from our communities. We believe that safety starts, not when you enter your home or even your property, but when you enter your community. We are stronger when we all work together and that's why Flock Safety developed technology specifically designed to help private citizens and local law enforcement work together to stop crime.
While safety is serious business, we still think there is some space for having fun. We call Atlanta home and are well funded by YCombinator, Matrix Partners, BedRock Capital, Meritech Capital, and Founders Fund - and we're growing.
About the opportunity
As a Machine Learning Engineer you will research, develop, and support the software that allows our cameras to see like a detective and defines how non-violent crime is eliminated. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about taking cutting edge research and technology to solve new problems, and enjoys working with the entire lifecycle of Machine Learning software.
Some challenges you’ll tackle
- Frame open-ended, real-world problems into well defined ML problems
- Develop data pipelines to create appropriate datasets and model feedback
- Leverage cutting-edge research and technology to create custom solutions
- Design and run experiments to test new ideas or improvements to existing models
- Develop applications to run machine learning in production
- Build visualization and monitoring tools to evaluate the quality of our data and models
- Collaborate across teams and product to deliver solutions that fit within business and organizational requirements
- Review code of other Machine Learning Engineers
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering, or proof of equivalent software engineering experience (PhD’s welcome)
- Experience solving problems using Machine Learning frameworks (Tensorflow, PyTorch, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Good understanding of Deep Learning and Traditional ML (supervised and unsupervised) algorithms
- Strong experience writing Python in a team environment
- Able to take on complex problems, learn quickly, iterate, and persist towards a good solution
- Effectively communicate, at the level of your audience, and seek to understand and be understood
- Basic SQL knowledge
- Basic git knowledge
- Experience with linear algebra, probability, and statistics preferred
Main Stack: Scala (Play), Typescript (Node.js), React Native, Postgres DB, Standard frontend goodness (jQuery, KnockoutJS, CSS3). Hosted on AWS (Elastic Beanstalk) using Docker.
Camera Firmware: Embedded Android running on a custom PCB that we develop in house.
Machine Learning: TensorFlow, TF Serving, Kubernetes