Senior Business Operations Analyst
Iron Ox is building robotic greenhouses to make fresh produce accessible to everyone!
Interested in helping feed people using advanced robotics and machine learning? Come join us. We're a team of ex-Google[x] and Willow Garage engineers developing a fully automated robotic farm to make the highest quality produce accessible to everyone.
Iron Ox is reimagining the modern farm, utilizing robotics and AI to grow fresh, consistent, and responsibly farmed produce for everyone.
Our experienced team of growers, plant scientists, engineers, and innovators are passionate about deeply understanding and developing this new wave of technology to feed an ever-growing population. Our mission at Iron Ox is dedicated to addressing some of the most significant issues in food security, now and in the future. We’re focused on sustainable, scalable food production for a changing climate and an ever-growing population.
Who We’re Looking for
Iron Ox is looking for a Senior Business Operations Analyst with excellent product sense, analytical expertise, and interpersonal skills to own the models and analysis for our indoor hydroponic greenhouse farms and produce portfolio. You’ll enable the organization to make data-driven decisions by providing product insights and analysis to help drive business initiatives.
As a member of the product team, you will collaborate across the organization with plant science, engineering, sales, finance, and operations teams to conduct in-depth quantitative analyses that guide strategic decisions. You’ll spend your time building models and tools to gain and provide insight into the business. Your insights will help the product team advocate for our internal and external customers.
What You'll Be Doing
- Business & financial modeling of greenhouse facilities, sales, and our product portfolio
- Build and own models, research, and analysis for greenhouse throughput, operations, automation, and facility design
- Market research analysis of product seasonality, customer trends, sales, and business opportunities
- Work with product management to understand business and stakeholder requirements to scope and drive high impact projects
- Contribute to our team and company data culture by sharing an understanding of our internal and external products and by being a data analysis champion
- Help departments design and analyze experiments that provide insight and a deeper understanding of our products
- Collaborate with stakeholders to build models that provide insight into project roadmap, product selection, and overall business strategy
- Define and monitor key metrics that help drive business goals
What You'll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as a Product or Financial Analyst, preferably at a startup, management consulting, or in finance
- Experience modeling unit economics, cost of goods, gross & operating margin
- Experience building tools for internal stakeholders
- Expertise building data visualization tools to convey actionable insights to product managers and business leaders
- Passion for problem-solving, critical thinking, and data analysis
- Strong communication, listening, and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful and willing to roll up your sleeves
- Experience with agriculture, produce, and farming
- Experience with robotics and factory automation
- At least 1 year of experience in tech working at a startup
What We Offer
- Iron Ox is a small startup with a big dream. You’ll be a part of a team founded on transparency, creativity, and impact on our mission to feed people
- Competitive compensation and meaningful equity package
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
Python, PostgreSQL, REST, AWS, Robot Operating System, C++