Senior UX Engineer
With Orchata food suppliers and local stores in LATAM can become online grocery stores that sell and deliver food directly to consumer's homes.
Orchata is on a mission to help independent business owners grow and compete against major corporate chains. We launched our first product were we are transforming independent grocery retailers in LATAM with the specialized technology, data insights, loyalty marketing, and shared services they need to serve today’s digital-minded customers.
About the Role
Orchata is looking looking for a self-motivated engineer/designer with excellent communication skills and a desire to work in a fast-paced, successful startup environment.
As a Senior UX Engineer, you will craft and orchestrate compelling user experiences which create meaningful and lasting life connections between Orchata and its customers. You possess the skill-set of a Front-end Engineer but with working knowledge of UX design principles and you have built many interesting and sophisticated interfaces that push the needle from status quo. You have a history turning those interfaces into reusable frameworks for larger development efforts. You’ve worked closely with product managers to define and research problems.
What You'll Do
- Own design problems end-to-end, from initial concept through shipping and beyond.
- You will collaborate with other engineers to ship, measure, and improve designs based on quantitative and qualitative feedback.
- You will be part of a small team, with a large amount of ownership and responsibility for setting best practices and raising the front end bar for the team.
- You will work with other Front End engineers to raise the bar for product and code quality within the web product.
- You will maintain our high engineering standards and bring consistency to our codebase.
- You will ship high quality, scalable and robust solutions with a sense of urgency.
- You will have the freedom to suggest and drive organization-wide initiatives.
What the Candidate Will Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Computer Science, Computer Engineering OR equivalent work experience
- Solid knowledge in Product Design (UI, UX, and Research); Digital products experience
- 3+ Years of experience designing and shipping digital products across platforms
- Strong knowledge of modern front-end build systems and languages (Webpack, ES6, Babel, etc)
- Strong knowledge of and experience with front-end testing frameworks (Jest, Mocha, Enzyme, etc)
- Program management: Adobe Creative Suite, Figma or Sketch.
- A willingness to learn back-end frameworks and technologies, primarily Ruby on Rails and SQL/ActiveRecord
- An ability to balance a sense of urgency with shipping high quality and pragmatic solutions
- Experience working with a large codebase on a cross-functional team
- Startup mentality required (taking ownership, being accountable and having a hands-on approach).