We pioneer solutions to address global homelessness and imagine a world where no human lives in survival mode. Watch this 2 minute video to see our journey from YC to a team of 21 building homes around the world -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lOYPMLcfHU
Fundraisers at New Story focus on building relationships to increase donations for:
The Builders: a unique group of donors who cover all of our operational expenses, innovations and enable our 100% model. These donors are typically high-net-worth families and individuals who give $50K+ per year to New Story.
The Architects: a unique group of donors who cover all of our programmatic expenses and a percentage of our R&D funding. These donors are typically high-net-worth families and individuals who give $10K+ per year to New Story.
In partnership with the CEO, Chief Growth Officer, and fundraising team, this position will help implement a sustainable development strategy to increase philanthropic revenue from a diverse portfolio of high net worth leaders and brand partners.
- Personally manage and grow a diverse portfolio of major donors (including individuals, brand partners, family foundations, and partners)
- Support the major gift strategy for new fundraising initiatives
- Work with the brand/marketing team to develop creative and impactful content, events, and reporting that connects major donors with our work and their impact
- Ensure effective development operations and drive fundraising best practices by building and/or refining the appropriate systems, tools, and processes to support your work, including donor prospecting, research, analytics, and communications
- 2+ years of successful nonprofit fundraising experience with a focus on major gifts
- Demonstrated experience raising $2 million+ annually (total contract value) from a diverse mix of individual donors and foundations including success in soliciting and closing 6-figure+ gifts from individuals
- Superb relationship management, interpersonal, and communication (written and oral) skills, including the ability to inspire and hold accountable diverse internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to participate in evening and weekend events
- Ability to travel at least 20% of the time (domestically and internationally)