Head of Marketing & Comms
$70k - $150k • 0.10% - 0.25%
HER is the world’s largest community for lesbian, bisexual and queer people. We want to build products and experiences that are designed brilliantly for queer womxn, that make it as easy as possible to connect with each other and the LGBTQ+ community.
HER is the world’s largest community for womxn and queer people. Our app community is 6 million people strong and we run events online to connect our queer community across the world. We’re a remote team with lots of people based in the San Francisco Bay area and are looking for smart and driven people who care deeply about the LGBTQ+ community to help us grow. Everything created and built at HER is with a growth mindset. We’re a small team with a tight budget and huge goals. Everything we produce is with purpose - to build, to grow and to deliver. Leading content and comms at HER means growing our audience, building our brand voice and deepening the relationship with our user base and key stakeholders.
We’re looking for an experienced communications leader who’s got the experience and know-how to understand and lead the HER comms system. You’ll already know the ins and outs of creating global communications strategies that result in increased visibility, user adoption, and revenue. You’ll be able to build strong partnerships with our users, key internal and external partners, and have deep knowledge of the media process and relationships with top press contacts. We’re looking for someone to help us build strategic campaigns that will tell the story behind a product that people love and feel empowered by.
- Create comms strategies that align to business & growth goals
- Conduct primary and secondary research to develop data-informed campaigns and programs
- Develop clear messaging around HER’s product and value proposition.
- Help craft HER’s voice and tone; set clear guidelines that drive consistency across brand and communications.
- Develop content for the communications strategy including web, email, and social.
- Execute email marketing campaigns across targeted audience segments to drive awareness and conversion.
- Surface and grow a pipeline of HER user stories that can be leveraged to bring the product and community to life in the media
- Maintain relationships with and oversight of agencies and contractors
- Develop and manage communications calendar
- Represent the organization to the media and to important partners.
- Track and report on campaign metrics
- Be involved in interviewing, hiring, and career life cycle decisions within the department
- Manage marketing and communications budgets
What We're Looking For
- At least 5+ years of experience leading comms in consumer mobile technology companies
- Proven track record of crafting successful marketing campaigns and managing a variety of promotional projects end-to-end, including paid advertising campaigns and digital marketing techniques.
- Solid knowledge of SEO, web analytics, Google AdWords, and digital marketing tools/techniques.
- Excellent skills in managing difficult or complex situations, including crises and sensitive topics
- A world-class communicator who creates clarity with written and verbal communication
- A highly empathetic, mission-driven, and motivated individual