Senior Product Designer
Here is a new way for teams and friends to connect in personal, shareable and flexible video rooms. Our mission is to create a sense of closeness even if you’re worlds away. We do this by allowing people to create real-time, shared spaces where you meet to video chat, draw, write, upload pics and gifs, decorate and move around--all available in a web browser. Here is expressive, creative and fun.
Our team has deep expertise building social, consumer, collaboration and messaging products at companies like Facebook, Groupon and Instagram. We founded and sold multiple venture-backed startups, and we recently raised a healthy seed round from top-tier investors to help us build out the Here team.
Who You Are
- You have a point of view, but open to feedback from our users and our team
- You have lots of experience as a lead or major contributor to a consumer or messaging/communication software product
- You’re a master of classic design principles like grid systems, typography and layout
- You relish the responsibility that comes from being part of a small team where you are the only designer
- You care deeply about the user and you love talking to them
- You’re a craftsperson
- You approach a problem from multiple angles, experiment with various solutions and then iterate rapidly on the promising candidates
- You move fast and work hard
- You’re comfortable working in a problem space with a lot of uncharted territory
- You do the right thing
- Engineering knowledge is a huge plus but not required
What You’ll Do
- Own all UI/UX needs for Here, centered around personalization, real-time interaction, and high quality, reliable video communications
- Drive design process including User Research, Wireframes, Comps, Prototypes and Assets
- Help to create Here’s “feel” and brand
- Collaborate with Engineers and Product to prioritize roadmap and explore new features
- Work closely with the founding team and get exposed to the early days and decisions that will make a startup successful
Our team is small--you’ll be one of our first few hires--which means you’ll have a lot of responsibility from the start. Here is an entirely new approach to video and personalization. At our most basic level, we’re building the way people want to interact with one another on video via the internet. We run lots of experiments, we take risks, we ship some really weird stuff.