Senior Full Stack Engineer
$100k - $150k • 0.25% - 1.00%
Here is a new way for teams and friends to connect in personal, shareable and flexible video rooms. Our mission is to create a sense of closeness even if you’re worlds away. We do this by allowing people to create real-time, shared spaces where you meet to video chat, draw, write, upload pics and gifs, decorate and move around--all available in a web browser. Here is expressive, creative and fun.
Our team has deep expertise building social, consumer, collaboration and messaging products at companies like Facebook, Groupon and Instagram. We founded and sold multiple venture-backed startups, and we recently raised a healthy seed round from top-tier investors to help us build out the Here team.
Who You Are
- You are a well-rounded engineer who has led the full life cycle of major projects.
- You care deeply about the user. You want to blow their mind.
- You’re a decisive builder, a shipper, and a craftsperson.
- You move fast and work hard.
- You’re comfortable working in a problem space with a lot of uncharted territory.
- You do the right thing.
- You are opinionated but open, you want the best idea to win.
What You’ll Do
- Build user-facing features for Here, centered around personalization, real-time interaction, and high quality, reliable video communications.
- You have the opportunity (requirement) to continually learn, teach, and step outside your comfort zone.
- You will work closely with an experienced founding team and get exposed to the early days and decisions that will make a startup successful.
- You will be responsible for the end-to-end execution of projects - from conception, through implementation, and measurement - that change the trajectory of Here.
- As Here grows, your role will grow. We expect the early team to be exceptional, and to grow as exceptional leaders.
Our team is small--you’ll be one of our first few hires--which means you’ll have a lot of responsibility from the start. Here is an entirely new approach to video and personalization. At our most basic level, we’re building the way people want to interact with one another on video via the internet. We run lots of experiments, we take risks, we ship some really weird stuff.