Software Engineer, Backend
$80k - $160k • 0.50% - 1.50%
Aquarium helps deep learning teams improve their model performance by improving their datasets.
A model is only as good as the dataset it’s trained on. We help teams find problems with their datasets + models and fix them by editing / adding data to their datasets.
Skills: Python, Distributed Systems, Data Warehousing, ETL
Aquarium is making it easier for teams to build and improve their ML models.
As a backend software engineer, you will drive development of our backend services, data processing pipelines, and customer facing APIs. Our current backend tech stack is primarily python based on GCP, with Apache Beam for most batch data processing jobs. You’ll own taking our existing backend and data pipelines to a place where they can support hundreds and thousands of customer organizations. In addition to that, you’ll also drive development of the customer developer experience, such as customer APIs and our python client library.
What you will do:
- Drive development of our backend services and data pipelines, improving both robustness and functionality. Improve our existing technical foundations, and influence our technical direction and strategy.
- Work with our developer customers to offer a great developer experience.
- Generally be a great person, and help set the tone for future hires!
What you should have
- 2+ years of professional development experience.
- Demonstrated skills with python or a similar backend language, and at least one major cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure). Bonus points for prior experience with data pipelines or B2B SaaS infrastructure.
- Experience with data engineering, ETL pipelines, and related technologies.
- The ability to work in an unstructured, self-directed environment.
- A love for building, especially novel product experiences.
- Care and empathy for users. We only exist to make our customers successful.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent industry experience.