Senior Product Manager
Second Measure analyzes billions of credit card transactions to answer real-time questions about consumer behavior. Through our self-service analytics platform, we help our clients – some of the world's largest brands and investment firms – answer questions like:
How did Soulcycle's recent connection to a presidential fundraiser affect ridership? https://www.fastcompany.com/90405922/soulcycle-customers-take-a-dip
Where is Uber gaining or losing market share?
Which restaurant delivery company reigns in NYC?
Second Measure is 60 people today — mostly senior engineers and data scientists — and are backed by a strong mix of VCs (Bessemer, Norwest, YC) and banks (Goldman Sachs, Citi, Jefferies). We're headquartered in downtown San Mateo (just minutes from Caltrain and 101), with an office in NYC.
We're growing and looking for other strong builders, especially those who can grow into leadership roles.
As a senior product manager at Second Measure (reporting to our head of product), you’ll help Second Measure’s clients find opportunities to retain and grow their business using consumer transaction and applied data sciences innovations.
In this role, you will:
- Help create and refine our product strategy
- Empathetically understand our target user’s business
- Identify business solutions and define valuable product capabilities to help users solve their business needs
- Define functionality and use visualizations to tell stories with data
- Collaborate and lead across the companies functions
- Be the product owner to your Agile team(s)
- You have 5+ years of experience managing software products used by companies and/or have PM experience with a DTC product (bonus for B2C subscription business) helping drive customer acquisition, retention and growth
- You are passionate about making a difference for your customers and users
- You can tell compelling stories with data that leads to “a-ha” moments and opportunity
- You understand that product viability is more than a successful release
- You apply the right amount of process to achieve near-term business targets while positioning for longer-term scale
- You’re an expert in applying data, metrics and visualizations
- You’re effective at communicating with customers, engineers and data scientists alike Bonus areas: You’ve conducted data analysis and presented findings to B2C business leaders You’ve refined Agile development processes You have sales engineering experience
Working at Second Measure:
- Highly competitive compensation, systematized to promote fairness and break down traditional gender, race, and age pay gaps
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their families
- 401(k) with company matching (up to 4% of annual salary)
- Unlimited paid time off and flexible work arrangements
- Generous paid parental leave
- Pre-tax FSAs and commuter benefits
- Life insurance, disability plans, and legal assistance
*Note on job location: We are all working from home at least through 2020 to keep our team safe and healthy. We hope to (at some point) work from our San Mateo, CA and NYC offices in some capacity in 2021 and it would be great if you are based near one of those locations. That said, we are open to hiring someone remote on a permanent basis, granted they need to be based in one of the following states: AL, CA, CO, IL, NJ, NY, or WA.