Software Engineer, Audio/Video
Welcome is a virtual events platform specifically for high end, branded events. Using Welcome, a single person can create an experience that feels like an Apple Product Launch. If you think of virtual platforms (Zoom, Hopin, Google Meet) as real estate, we've created the first 5 star hotel in virtual real estate.
Skills: Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Important note: Please apply here and not through Work At a Startup (We will not see it). Thanks!
Welcome is a virtual event platform for high-end, branded events. Using Welcome, a single person can create a jaw-dropping experience that feels like an Apple product launch. We've built the first five-star virtual event venue and have the product and services to match. Our flagship product allows our customers to create an event that feels like an interactive TV show. There is nothing else like it.
We’re well-funded by top VCs. Within three months of a soft launch we’ve already signed a Fortune 500 company and the world‘s largest investment fund. Over the next few years, we project that we will be the number one player in the space with massive market share, resulting in huge revenue and valuation.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right person to have a massive impact on Welcome’s business. We are growing insanely fast and looking for a strong audio/video engineer to join our world-class team, match the tsunami of demand we are already experiencing, and help us grow even faster.
You want your work to have significant and measurable positive impact. You love bringing people together. Your happiness comes from the joy of others, and you look forward to building stand-out moments of delight into the Welcome experience. You are a keen problem solver and team player. You take pride in the craftsmanship of your work, and appreciate when it is rewarded; our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not okay with broken features. The audio/video engineer role at Welcome encompasses architecture, design, implementation, and testing to give our users the utmost confidence that our video and voice experience is outstanding.
A Day in the Life
As a software engineer a typical day at Welcome includes the following:
- Be part of an inclusive, collaborative team that embraces healthy discussions and supports each other in their goals
- Architect, design, implement, test, and deliver robust and delightful products, continuing to keep the Welcome experience best-in-class.
- Master our development process, culture, and code base, then improve it. Continually leave each of these in a better state than when you found
- 3+ years of professional software development experience
- Deep understanding of WebRTC or other audio/video technologies
- Experience working with common audio/video codecs such as Opus, VP8, H.264, m3u8, etc
- Experience integrating and diagnosing problems in third-party A/V code and infrastructure. We deliver much of our audio/video through Agora.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience building highly concurrent and scalable applications incorporating audio and video Track record of being a top performer in current and past roles
Our Investments in You
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance for full time employees
- Fitness, cell phone & internet reimbursements
- Computer of your choice
- Selected opportunities to attend amazing customer events
- Weekly virtual happy hours!
Welcome embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested? Apply now so you can experience Welcome!
We use React + Rails + Postgres + Redis. We are a real time video platform, so there are a lot of interesting things to work on, such as:
- How do you easily test the two dimensional matrix of devices, operating systems, cameras and microphones to make sure anyone can access the platform?
- How do you scale live video to millions of users at the same time?