Site Reliability Engineer
Welcome is a virtual events platform specifically for high end, branded events. Using Welcome, a single person can create an experience that feels like an Apple Product Launch. If you think of virtual platforms (Zoom, Hopin, Google Meet) as real estate, we've created the first 5 star hotel in virtual real estate.
Skills: Ruby on Rails, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Important note: Please apply here and not through Work At a Startup (We will not see it). Thanks!
Welcome is a virtual event platform for high-end, branded events. Using Welcome, a single person can create a jaw-dropping experience that feels like an Apple product launch. We've built the first five-star virtual event venue and have the product and services to match. Our flagship product allows our customers to create an event that feels like an interactive TV show. There is nothing else like it.
We’re well-funded by top VCs. Within three months of a soft launch we’ve already signed a Fortune 500 company and the world‘s largest investment fund. Over the next few years, we project that we will be the number one player in the space with massive market share, resulting in huge revenue and valuation.
This is an incredible opportunity for the right person to have a massive impact on Welcome’s business. We are growing insanely fast and looking for a strong site reliability engineer to join our world-class team, match the tsunami of demand we are already experiencing, and help us grow even faster.
You want your work to have significant and measurable positive impact. You love bringing people together. Your happiness comes from the joy of others, and you look forward to building stand-out moments of delight into the Welcome experience. You are a keen problem solver and team player. You take pride in the craftsmanship of your work, and appreciate when it is rewarded; our customers are fine with fewer features, but are not okay with broken features. The site reliability engineering role at Welcome encompasses architecture, design, implementation, and testing to ensure we build and release products in a way that upholds the luxury quality of our brand.
A Day in the Life
- Be part of an inclusive, collaborative team that embraces healthy discussions and supports each other in their goals
- Use the core principles of change management, monitoring, emergency response, capacity planning, and production readiness reviews to run the platform, continuing to keep the Welcome experience best-in-class.
- Troubleshoot and provide deep level of debugging for complex production issues, including performance and function issues.
- Work to automate detection and resolution of recurring issues in the production environment
- Master our development and infrastructure processes, then improve them. Continually leave each of these in a better state than when you found. Drive engineering improvement from the bottom up
You should be someone who cares deeply about the success of our customers, their customers, and your colleagues. You love bringing people together with virtual events and your happiness comes from the joy of others. You are a keen problem solver and team player and you also bring the following experience and expertise to our company for this role:
- 3+ years of experience deploying production quality code preferably for a SaaS product.
- Well versed with CI/CD systems and automated testing
- Experience with packaging and dependency systems such as Webpacker and npm.
- Experience with Heroku, Postgres, AWS and other cloud infrastructure technologies
- Excellent skills in diagnosing and troubleshooting production problems from logs.
- Experience with writing automated unit and functional tests
- Experience owning a component of a product or service end to end from conception to deployment.
Our Investments in You
- Competitive Salary
- Health Insurance for full time employees
- Fitness, cell phone & internet reimbursements
- Computer of your choice
- Selected opportunities to attend amazing customer events
- Weekly virtual happy hours!
Welcome embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status. Interested? Apply now so you can experience Welcome!