Lead Front-end Engineer
$100k - $120k • 0.10% - 0.50%
Medical errors are the #3 leading cause of death in the US. They also cause massive inefficiency and waste.
Elemeno Health is on a mission to reduce errors through our innovative approach to frontline training and support. With everyone on the same page, the result is higher quality and safety, at a lower cost. We do this by engaging frontline teams (nurses, therapists, and docs) and ensuring that essential resources are actionable and available 24/7 on any device.
That’s where you come in. We are looking for the right people to help us achieve our mission. Our Clients Services teams has gained deep insight into our customer needs, and we are ready to scale.
We are a UCSF startup backed by Y Combinator (Summer ‘16), with clients across the US. While tackling one of the biggest problems in healthcare is a challenge, we have proof that our solution works: we have multiple peer-reviewed medical publications and abstracts; we have presented at several conferences on medical quality and digital health nationally; and our clients are extending and expanding their contracts while telling their colleagues about us.
Within the first week you will:
- learn from our Client Success team how Elemeno is helping front-line healthcare teams,
- walk through our existing application architecture,
- review our product pipeline, design, implement, test, and deploy your first code change.
Within the first month you will:
- regularly deploy new features and fixes to our back-end services,
- take over ownership of back-end technical decisions and systems management,
- evaluate our current infrastructure for possible enhancements.
Within the first six months you will:
- hire a junior engineer to expand the back-end engineering team,
- successfully migrate/upgrade existing services to ensure accessibility, performance and lower costs,
- ensure robust testing and documentation for our back-end API,
- work with the rest of the product and engineering teams to map out future features and enhancements.
What we're built in:
- Our back-end stack consists of Node.js, GraphQL running within Lambda functions, accessing DynamoDB and S3.
- Our services run within AWS, utilizing CloudSearch, Route 53, and CloudFront.
- Our front-end consists primarily of React applications, as we are migrating from AngularJS.
What you bring to the table:
- Extensive knowledge of performing AWS devops tasks
- Shipped a product, service, or API from scratch
- Implemented security best practices
- Ideally, some full-stack / front-end experience with single-page applications.
- Bay Area preferred, remote open in the US
- Family Friendly, looking for fit over expertise - culture/mission is a priority
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Equity