Head of Engineering [Sr Engg Manager - Director]
$45k - $60k • 0.30% - 0.60%
Orange Health offers 60-minute at-home collection for diagnostic tests and delivers test results twice as fast as the industry norm. The reports are shared on a platform between patient and doctor to enable seamless follow-ups.
With an on-demand service, patients can now avoid visiting crowded and potentially infectious collection centers. At the same time, they can get diagnosed much faster and get better treatment remotely from their own doctor
Orange Health is backed by high-quality investors like Y Combinator, and other global investors. We have a team of experienced operations and product leaders, engineers, and medical professionals, who have built scaled & innovative platforms.
Ours is a deep tech play in healthcare, logistics, and IoT devices. If bringing new solutions to the world excites you, then you should join us.
Orange Health Orange Health is building an on-demand healthcare service for Indian consumers, that is backed by high-quality investors like Y Combinator, and other global investors.
The founders are Dhruv Gupta (serial tech entrepreneur with 2 successful exits) & Tarun Bhambra (experienced corporate leader and venture capital investor), have 15 years of combined healthcare experience and have built a profitable business serving 100m+ users.
We have a team of experienced operations and product leaders, engineers, and medical professionals, who have built and scaled innovative platforms. The team hails from educational institutions like IIT-Kharagpur, University of Michigan, IIT-Roorkee, ISB, IIIT, etc, and with experience in companies like McKinsey, ITC, PwC, Matrix Partners, Wockhardt, etc
Our engineering team consists of experienced engineers and team leads who have built and scaled innovative platforms, at startups like Bounce, Practo, Blue Jeans and others.
With our deep understanding of primary healthcare and its opportunities, we are building Orange Health to become the infrastructure of remote healthcare in India. And we're looking for an experienced engineering manager to join us and head our engineering function as we build the future of remote healthcare treatment in India.
About the role
- This role is for an engineering manager/leader who has been leading teams and building products in large scale startups, serving millions of daily/monthly users. And is ready to upgrade their role from being an engineering manager in a large organization to playing the engineering head of an early stage company with a big vision.
- Work closely with the founders and other leaders in the company to build a strong product and business- collaborating to create innovative products that will help define the future of healthcare.
- Build a strong engineering team and processes that enhance their performance and the overall organization.
- Pick the right architecture and tools for building a high performance, robust and scalable engineering platform for Orange Health, in a cost-effective way
- Has been an experienced Engineering Manager, orSenior Engineering Manager (8 to 10+ years of experience), across at least 1 scaled mobile-first B2C tech startup with paid transactions.
- Strong experience with mobile development: iOS, Android and/or React Native. Not just coding, but also leading mobile-based engineering teams.
- Has led engineering teams that launched products from idea to launch (0 to 1), and launch to scale (1 to 10)
- Has led teams of 10-15+ engineers.
- Comfort in an early stage environment.
- Strong communication and leadership ability- especially in the current remote environment.
- Has built teams from scratch, and been through the ups and downs of building startups and products.
- A passion for building impactful products.
- Strong developer, still codes, and can give the best in their team a run for their money! Is pretty much a full-stack engineer.
- 8+ years of experience
Nice to have
- Has founded their own company.
- Built products for healthcare, logistics and/or IoT devices.
- Builds things outside of their full-time role- can be through writing, sharing, teaching, building, contributing, etc
Current Tech Stack: React Native, React, Django/Python, Postgres User Platforms: Web, iOS, Android