Lead Product Designer
Airbnb for Home-Cooked Food.
Up until recently, cooking and selling food from home was illegal. On January 1, 2019, California became the first state in the country to legalize it. Shef is a two-sided marketplace that connects home cooks with hungry neighbors so that homemade food can be affordable -- for everyone.
Shef is a marketplace connecting talented cooks with consumers, unlocking a $800B industry. We provide the community with access to healthy, homemade meals at a fraction of the price charged by restaurant delivery. We're a YC company with a sizable backing ($9m) from top VCs seeing huge growth and a substantial multi-million dollar revenue across the US. And we've done this all with a team of 12.
About the role
As Shef's first product/designer, you will be responsible for shaping our product and building delightful experiences for consumers and chefs across the country. You will be responsible for all UI/UX across our website and mobile apps, using a full range of design skills to build delightful user experiences. If we succeed, you will have fundamentally changed how people purchase food and the variety of healthy, affordable, and authentic food that they have access to.
- Discovering insights, opportunities, and requirements
- Presenting product specs and design prototypes to peers and leadership
- Working closely with engineering to prioritize, implement, and iterate on features
- Launching experiments and evaluating how they perform and how to iterate
- Creating polished beautiful final designs that can be built by engineering
- Defining and develop Shef's brand
- 3+ years work experience as a Product Designer or similar role
- A strong design portfolio demonstrating thoughtful, simple and intuitive interactions as well as stunning visuals across various contexts: large-scale digital experiences, websites, mobile applications, etc.
- Experience working with growth teams and consumer-facing products
- Excited about Shef's mission of unlocking the home-cooked food industry
- You love making complex problems feel simple
- You are able to translate quantitative & qualitative insights into design decisions
- You’re a proactive self-starter and capable of communicating and prototyping design concepts rapidly at all levels of fidelity
- Bonus for past experience working on food & restaurant products or online marketplaces
Salary and equity benefits for this role are highly competitive and commensurate with experience. Shef is an equal opportunity employer.