Full Stack Engineer
$75k - $150k • 0.50% - 3.50%
Zip is working on creating live, online after-school classes for kids K-5. We're funded by YC+ a16z.
We focus on topics not typically found on a school syllabus that kids are actually interested in learning more about like space travel and robotics.
Remote learning shouldn't look like a bunch of tiny faces on a conference call with the teacher sharing their screen with a soul-draining PowerPoint. We want to push the idea of virtual classroom forward by making our classes as interactive as a video game and as entertaining as a Disney movie all while keeping it deeply educational.
Hey there 😄!
- We're looking for folks who are pros at building and shipping web apps end-to-end. You can take an idea, build the client + make it beautiful, figure out the server-side + just get it working, and deploy it + get it in the hands of users.
- We don't expect you to know it all, ofcourse:
- For example, a lot of the work we'll be doing will be related to video streaming to allow kids and teachers to video chat. Another example is that we're building educational multiplayer games that kids can play during class.
- We don't expect you to have experience with this sorta stuff. We're looking for people who can understand new technologies quickly + adapt and just ship to users.
- Our target candidates have shipped real products to real users. Anything from a hackathon project to something you worked on at a larger company counts.
- It's not required, but if you're an ex-founder or have a led a team in the past that's huge. Why? Well - basically it means there's a good chance you're a problem solver, can manage yourself, and don't need a ton of hand-holding.
- Looking for the dreamers. People who believe that a small team that is slightly insane has a real shot at changing the world.