Business Analyst Intern
We make vanpooling easy for everyone. In the process we help companies and employees take cars off the road and save time that would otherwise be wasted behind the wheel.
MagicBus is seeking a university student interested in gaining work experience at a high growth technology start-up. The individual will work closely with the CEO and VP of Strategy & Operations on highly strategic, research-oriented special projects and administrative tasks that are crucial and challenging. The individual is highly-motivated, diligent, emotionally intelligent, and has excellent research, communication, and project management skills.
This is a part-time, remote, and paid position, and we have openings immediately. Success in the role can lead to summer internships and full-time employment in a Chief of Staff role or other internal roles. If you’re interested, we are looking forward to hearing from you!
Expected # hours per week: 10-30 Start date and end dates are flexible - We are happy to work with your course schedule
Responsibilities and Duties
I. Special project: Customer Development- The individual will be responsible for the following activities with regular guidance from the VP of Strategy & Operations:
- Conduct research on B2B customers, B2C customers, policies, market trends, competitors
- Conduct outreach to B2B and B2C customers (through warm introductions, cold call, cold email) and interview customers to understand state of the market
- Turn qualitative research from the interviews into recommendations for product roadmap and strategy
- Present findings to the team
II. Business administration tasks
- Develop presentation materials
- Assist in program management
- Assist with managing payroll
- Plan and coordinate meetings
- The ideal candidate will be pursuing a bachelors degree from a top-tier university, a strong GPA, and previous internship/work experience, ideally at a startup or professional services company. In addition, the candidate is:
- An excellent communicator
- Skilled at persuasion and building relationships
- A Google ninja, master at internet research
- Organized, methodical, and can creatively+logically make something out of nothing
- A self-starter who requires little direction but asks for help when needed
- A hustler who drives to achieve a successful outcome
- Efficient and creative in building high-quality spreadsheets and presentations
- Highly interested in startups, technology, transportation, and sustainability
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Remote work environment
- Professional development and mentorship
The point person for this job is Isabelle Ji, VP of Strategy & Operations.