Director of Sales
Raptor Maps makes it simple and affordable for solar companies to adopt drone technology as a tool to increase performance, reduce costs, and standardize & compare solar PV assets across a portfolio. Founded by MIT engineers, our software helps teams convert drone and asset data into accurate, high-value system analytics and reports. We work with portfolio owners, asset managers, O&M providers, EPC contractors, and independent engineers across six continents, to identify and localize anomalies that affect energy production. Our partnerships with industry leaders in drone hardware and aerial inspections make it easy for anyone to utilize drone technology and inspect their PV assets.
We are looking for an experienced, ambitious, quota-carrying Director of Sales who will own our sales strategy and revenue targets, and who excels in the trenches at hiring, training, and leading account executives and account managers.
Solar power is the largest source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is the fastest-growing US-based startup that builds software to manage the solar lifecycle. In short, we enable the solar industry to scale.
As the Director of Sales, you are passionate about making the global transition to renewable energy possible. You will thrive in our fast-paced team as a master of execution, responsible for driving both net new and existing client revenues across all verticals.
We have customers in 35 countries and are the industry leaders, with 31 million solar panels under management. Our customers span the global solar industry and include owners, builders, operators, and aerial service providers. We synthesize, centralize, and standardize data from a variety of sources, from drones to developer records.
- Exceed quarterly and annual sales targets
- Plan, execute, and communicate a go-to-market strategy that drives revenue growth
- Recruit, train, and lead a sales team that will to identify, qualify, and close ample pipeline to exceed sales targets by leveraging sales metrics and analyzing trends to shape business strategy
- Own the strategy and communication for enterprise accounts
- Collaborate with Project Management, Product Management, and Marketing, as key partners in hitting company goals
- Create and execute on the quarterly and annual budget for sales team,
- Become a trusted, knowledgeable representative of Raptor Maps and a “go to” person in the solar industry by building rapport with customers virtually and in-person
- Drive strategic direction and resource allocation for the company in collaboration with the CEO and key team members
- 5+ years as a sales leader at a high growth, early stage company, and proven track record of exceeding 3X revenue growth YOY
- Deep experience in selling both B2B software and services. Successful in multi-product enterprise sales, particularly using land-and-expand approach.
- Experience working across direct (SMB, mid-market, and enterprise) and partner segments with proven ability to grow and develop unique playbooks for each
- Track record of being relentlessly data-driven to plan and execute on sales strategy
- Ability to communicate externally with customers and internally across teams, and build rapport with all
- Experience creating and building a diverse and inclusive team environment that fosters trust and a sense of empowerment via a purposeful culture
- Experience in the Solar industry
- Professionally fluent in Spanish, German, Italian, French, or Japanese
- Work remote, work in a Boston-based office, or take a hybrid approach
- Please send an email with your resume and cover letter in .PDF format to [email protected] with “Director of Sales” in the subject line.
- In your cover letter, tell us about a successful sales hack that you developed or implemented
- Send us directions from your hometown or college campus to a utility-scale solar farm