Head of Sales
Magic is a Y Combinator-backed software company in San Francisco, CA that is building a hyper-intelligent, ubiquitous assistant available over SMS, email, chat apps, and other digital channels.
We provide world-class service 24/7 to our influential and diverse user base, many of whom use Magic dozens of times per day and say they couldn't live without Magic. We have a large waitlist of customers that we are scaling up to roll out our product to.
Magic was founded in 2015 by a team of software engineers with one simple premise: create a natural language interface to the complexity of the world, delivered by a combination of artificial intelligence and human expertise. We are hardcore developers at heart, we are highly iterative, and we are relentless. We are minimal and focused on writing code that really matters. We don't stop until we are done.
You will be working alongside leadership to develop the company’s B2B sales strategy, as well as own the execution, including team development, sales channels, and more.
You will have the opportunity to come in at an early stage on Magic’s B2B. You will contribute to building up the team and to see your ideas realized into a product that impacts millions by saving them what matters most: their time. You will join a mid-sized team and have a tremendous opportunity to shape the future of Magic.
- Work alongside leadership to develop B2B sales strategy based on company goals and objectives
- Recruit and mentor a world-class sales team
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing quarterly/annual sales quotas for the sales team and projecting expected sales volumes and profit.
- Maintain sales volume by tracking changing trends, economic indicators, competitors and supply and demand.
- Devise new hypotheses about customers and work with Product and Growth teams to ensure alignment on our target audience and assist in seeking new sales channels.
Core Competencies + Skills: Meeting sales goals Negotiation skills Selling to customer needs Motivation for sales Sales planning and KPI formation Process-oriented Building relationships Ability to think broadly about the company as a whole
- Strive to solve problems with simple, time-tested solutions. You're wary of the newest trends or hottest technologies
- Self-motivated. You work best with a high level of autonomy and responsibility
- Strong desire to collaborate with other departments, working together to achieve a common goal
- Manage uncertainty and ambiguity well
- Driven to achieve business goals
- Passionate about startups and Magic’s mission
- Humble and willing to learn and teach