Full Stack Engineer
$100k - $225k • 0.50% - 2.00%
Overview is a company that takes the cutting edge in computer vision and deep learning and applies it to previously unsolvable manufacturing inspection problems. We are truly a full stack company. We install physical cameras into the facility, run inference on the edge and manage massive deployments. Overview also streams gigabytes of video/image data to the cloud for our web platform to give customers advanced insights and analytics.
We are looking for engineers who like to solve tough challenges across the stack. This might include wrangling 500mb images or deploying optimized models in one click that can handle 10 parts a second. We are looking for people who are dynamic, who are excited to work on a different challenge every week, whether it's the final inspection on a medical device or making sure a razor blade has a perfect edge.
At Overview, we use the data generated by our platform, to create state of the art deep learning models and to provide insights that were previously unknown. We give customers realtime views into their factory health, quality trends, shift performance, etc. We also integrate with their automation systems to execute real improvements on the factory floor. This includes telling systems to actuate compressed air to blow bad parts off the line or notifying a quality manager of catastrophic failure. We are looking for someone who can help build easy to use features to constantly delight our customers: this includes analytics and productizing deep learning so it can be self-service.
Hands on responsibilities will include:
- Build high-performing customer facing product features
- Ensuring features are reliable and tested in extreme scenarios
- Single Images up to a gigabyte in size
- Hundreds of datapoints coming in per second
- Working with different firmwares and drivers to support our vision and lighting software
- Integrating with PLC's and factory automation systems
- Having worked with image and video data
- Having worked in a similar web stack to ours (React.js, Django, GCP and AWS, GraphQL)
- Having built extremely reliable code
- Experience with different drivers of varying levels of documentation/support
- Having deeply integrated in 3rd party systems, using webhooks, external APIs
- Have worked with hardware-level code (video processing, network configurations, virtualization)
Overview's tech is far reaching. We deploy highly reliable camera hardware and GPU's into manufacturing and industrial settings. We have an IoT fleet management stack to update, secure, and manage our fleet of devices. We stream this data to our cloud or to a customers hybrid cloud where we have a user facing platform where customers can interact with their devices, deploy new deep learning models, and see advanced analytics.
We use Docker to deploy web infrastructure and deep learning models. We have an extensive deep learning stack using Tensorflow, PyTorch and packaged with Onnx. Our frontend is in React, which is updated in real time from our fleet using MQTT. And the list goes on...