Business Development Manager
Vouch is building the future of commercial insurance: instead of having to go through stodgy brokers, and long paper-based applications, Vouch will make it easy for any Seed or Series-A stage company to get all of the business insurance (property, liability of various sorts) they need, and will ensure that this coverage scales as a company does.
Insurance... sounds slow, old-fashioned, and unexciting. Exactly. Insurance is broken, and it's failing fast-moving, innovative startups.
Vouch is a new, technology-first insurance company, backed with $70M in funding from world-class investors. Like Stripe for payments or Brex for credit cards, Vouch is creating the go-to business insurance for startups.
We're doing this by making insurance fast, responsive, and focused on our customer - startup founders. Instead of printed PDF applications and week-long waits, Vouch is building new technology to solve real problems, writing policies that actually cover relevant startup scenarios, and designing simple experiences in an otherwise frustrating industry.
This role will own Vouch’s relationships with our top strategic partners, with a focus on Venture Capital firms and financial institutions. You will be responsible for working closely with our co-founders in driving adoption of Vouch across top-tier venture firms in collaboration with our other strategic partners.
- Collaborate deeply with relationships managers on prospecting, client engagement, content, and unique experiences.
- Build and cultivate pipeline of top-tier venture firms and other strategic finance partners
- Evangelize and conduct trainings on Vouch at partner team meetings and offsites
- Collaborate with our investors and anchor partners to activate mutual channels
- Activate new product and marketing campaigns
- Generate regular reporting on partnership success and incentive programs
- Work with account management team to close new accounts
- Build and maintain a process to provide ongoing reporting of key metrics and provide ongoing feedback to internal teams regarding market trends or emerging product needs
- 5+ years of experience in business development, sales, venture capital, consulting, or other relevant experience
- Experience with cultivating relationships and running long sales cycles or partnership processes
- Adept at solving ambiguous problems and building for scale
- Exceptional communication skills, with an emphasis on real-time interaction, either written or verbal
- History of quickly coming up steep learning curves with a penchant for understanding complex topics
- Experience and comfort level working with senior executives and venture partners
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects with the ability to prioritize high impact work
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Venture Capital firms
- Experience with large financial institutions
- Passion for technology, start-ups, and supporting early stage businesses as they grow and scale
- Knowledge related to risk management and insurance
- Exposure to early-stage startups and/or high growth environments.
- Experience with public speaking and presentations
Vouch is proudly an equal opportunity employer and celebrates the diversity of its growing team.