Sales & Business Operations Associate
We make vanpooling easy for everyone. In the process we help companies and employees take cars off the road and save time that would otherwise be wasted behind the wheel.
About MagicBus, Inc.
MagicBus is on a mission to transform the way people commute and take cars off the road by making it safe and convenient to use shared transportation rather than driving alone. Our software makes it radically easier for anyone to start, join, and organize vanpools.
What are we up to?
Over the past two years, we’ve already reached more than 10,000 riders from over 150 organizations. We recently raised a Series-A funding round in November 2019 and were at over 10,000 rides pre-covid. As commuting volumes have reduced in covid, we’re focusing on customer development, research, and building our product. We have a strong conviction that commuting will return and our product can help people commute in a better way that is cost-effective, safe, and sustainable.
About the role
We’re seeking a dynamic, organized, self-starter to join us as our first Sales & Business Operations Associate. In this role, you will report directly to the VP of Strategy & Operations. This is a great opportunity to have lots of ownership across different projects at the company. Ideally, you are someone who is a quick learner, entrepreneurial, creative problem solver, and can do things independently while dealing with ambiguity.
In the near term, you will develop a deep understanding of the market and customers necessary to achieve product-market-fit, complete initial pilots and learn from them, and develop strategy and processes for scaling. In the medium term, you will grow to lead workstreams and manage team members.
- Conduct market and customer research (B2B and B2C) to understand key challenges and pain points in commuting
- Prioritize feedback from market and customer research and turn into product/design suggestions. Support focus group sessions to gather product feedback from customers and identify areas for product improvement
- Develop, track, and deep dive into KPIs to optimize every step in our outreaching, marketing, onboarding, and operational processes
- Create new, repeatable operational processes that delivers a delightful experience to our users, including onboarding vanpool routes and onboarding riders
- Establish and manage relationships with B2B and B2C customers, becoming a trusted partner for them Take on other business operations tasks as the company grows and more internal infrastructure and processes need to be created ** Responsibilities will evolve with the role over time to have more unique problems to solve in research, customer development, strategy, operations, and more!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Engineering, Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of recent experience at the intersection of business and technology where you had to put on multiple hats and solve different types of problems
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of customers, executives, managers and subject matter experts
- Efficient and creative in building high-quality spreadsheets and presentations
- Highly motivated, conscientious, relentless, and is a self-starter Preferred
- Excited about talking to customers and learning their stories, pain points, motivations. Is empathetic. Caters communication based on the style of the customer to effectively gather information and earn trust.
- Super organized, because you'll be reaching out to people at high volumes
- Prior startup experience
- Passion or interest in transportation and sustainability is a huge plus!