Founding Product Designer who understands data
$100k - $160k • 0.50% - 2.00%
At Actiondesk, we're building the future of spreadsheets. Spreadsheets are used by around 1 billion people in the world, yet were designed in the 80's and haven't been reinvented since.
Actiondesk is a full fledged spreadsheet software with 3 key features aka superpowers:
- The ability to Import data from any data sources and having that data refreshed automatically
- The ability to tie in data from a spreadsheet to data in another system (CRM, database etc). Whenever you make a change in the spreadsheet, it reflects in the initial data source.
- The ability to trigger “actions” with an excel like formula on a one off basis or an automated schedule. Think daily slack messages or emails.
All of this using only excel-like formulas
(No agency / consultant please!)
✅ Our mission at Actiondesk is to let knowledge workers easily access, explore and understand their data, wherever it sits.
We aim to be as easy and flexible as a spreadsheet, and as powerful as a BI tool.
You’ll be a good fit if you’re:
- Self-starting and entrepreneurial
- Passionate about taking on big challenges
- Enthusiastic about teamwork, learning and teaching
- Comfortable with uncertainty
- Obsessed with building a good looking and easy to use interface
- Genuinely curious how people interact with the product you're building
- A Figma star
- Understand the basics of how spreadsheets and data analysis work.
- "Vlookup" or "SQL query" shouldn't be scary terms to you
- You'll need to be fast in understanding users when they tell you about their complex workflows
- If you know how to use webflow and / or the fundamentals of HTML / CSS, that's a big plus!
What we offer:
- We're a product first company. Product design is at the start and core of everything, and you'd be the person leading it.
- You'd get to reinvent a product (spreadsheets) used by ~1 billion people.
- Working on reinventing an interface used by ~1 billion people
- We're a strong team, small (6 people right now, but will double in the next few months), we're ambitious and we move fast (see more about us at https://www.actiondesk.io/about-us)
What will you do?
- You'll be at the heart of product decisions
- You'll own end to end the design of new features.
- You'll work with our CEO / PM and talk to users to understand the need, and run tests.
- With the enginering team to understand technical possibilities and make sure that your design are implemented correctly
- And will create mockups from rough prototypes to high fidelity mockups
- Own and structure our design system
Some more details:
- We're well funded
- We're backed by Y Combinator, and other top notch investors: Bling Capital, Tiger Global
- We reached +1,800 upvotes on Product Hunt: https://www.producthunt.com/posts/actiondesk
- We have ~3,000 companies on our waiting list and growing
- No ego
- Don’t chat: do and measure
- Radical transparency
- Own problems
- Challenge everything
To apply, please write an email to jonathan at actiondesk.io Please use the subject "I ❤️ spreadsheets" and tell us a bit about why you'd like to work with us!
If you're looking for a product manager role, feel free to get in touch but we're not hiring for a PM at this point.
Salary will depend on main location
Our stack: Scala, Kafka, Kubernetes, GCP, Vue.js We use a microservice achitecture. Our backend connects to dozens of APIs, stores and transforms data leading to a lot of interesting problems. On the frontend side, we're building from scratch a spreadsheet interface, which doesn't come without its challenges either :)