Point is bringing the rewards and benefits of elite credit cards to your everyday debit card.
Point is the first mobile banking app to offer a debit card with relevant rewards and benefits like 5% back on subscriptions and purchase protection.
We’re looking for a born detective to join as our first Fraud Analyst. You’ll help review and make decisions on specific cases of suspected fraud and abuse, and contribute to our detection mechanisms. You will also help with escalated KYC (identity) reviews and build the necessary policies and processes to scale these activites.
You will be working cross functionally with product teams and member experience to build an amazing and safe member experience for our card holders, while also protecting our bottom-line and contributing to the integrity of our payment systems.
Point is a well funded startup, we recently closed $10.5M in series A funding from Valar and Y-Combinator.
- Create policy and process for handling suspected fraud, disputes, and identity (KYC) verification
- Build and monitor dashboards that flag risky transactions and other abuse for manual review
- Investigate individual transactions using established policies and review methodologies to determine if the transaction is fraudulent or not
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to improve our fraud prevention mechanisms, rules, processes, and tools
- Solve complex problems by gathering and distilling web, financial and behavioral data into actionable findings
- Research fraud, identity and user behavior to contribute to rules, models and other detection systems
- Maintain strong domain knowledge of the worlds of fraud including prevention techniques and technologies
- Create a scalable and effective collections program
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting of fraud activity, loss and trends to internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated decision making skills
- Ability to spot patterns and formalize complex ideas into a well-defined process
- Proven strong analytical skills
- Quick-thinker and fast learner. You have good intuition and an eye for the details
- Passion for solving complex problems and staying one-step ahead of bad actors
- A minimum of 4 years of risk/fraud experience, preferably at a fast-growing fintech company, large online marketplace, or retail bank
- Strong SQL skills — you are comfortable writing complex queries and building dashboards
- Experience and comfortable working in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- A proven ability to get things done, manage your time and prioritize for impact (a strong work ethic and discipline are key)
- A demonstrated ability and desire to think and act like an owner. You take a highly proactive approach to your work (identifying opportunities, collaborating on solutions, and a willingness to go the extra mile to fight fraud/abuse)
- General familiarity with Internet technologies and protocols
- BA or BS Degree or higher
What Point can offer you:
- The opportunity to join a well-funded and fast-growing fintech company as the first compliance/risk hire.
- Competitive salary, stock options, and 401k.
- Full health benefits (medical, dental, and vision insurance).
- 20-day vacation policy.
- Monthly stipends for continuous learning, health & wellness, and commuting.
- Free Point membership.