Thunkable is a drag and drop tool to build native Android and iOS Apps. We’re on a mission to democratize mobile app development and empower everyone to build their own app without ever writing a single line of code.
With the average person spending more than 3 hours a day on mobile phone and 85% of that time in apps, Thunkable wants to empower every person to be able to develop his or her own mobile apps and join one of the largest community of first-time developers building mobile apps.
By 2020, 6 in 10 of us will have smartphones but only 1 in 2000 will have the training to tell our smartphones what to do. At Thunkable, we believe everyone can be a developer, not just those with formal computer science training. We currently have 650K+ users in every country of the world who have built 1.5M+ apps, and that number is growing everyday!
If you are excited by the idea of democratizing mobile app development, love bringing ideas to reality through mobile apps and want to help others to do the same we’d love to talk to you!
Thunkable is on a mission to democratize app development and empower everyone to build without writing a single line of code. Our platform enables anyone to build and publish their own iOS and Android apps for free. Today, non-engineers use Thunkable to prototype and share new ideas, develop proof-of-concepts for their own digital business, and design and ship their own ad-supported and premium apps.
Thunkable was incubated at Google Research and MIT. We are backed by Lightspeed, NEA, SV Angel, Zhenfund, and Y-Combinator. Our founders are engineers who wanted to extend the power and fun of creation to people who don’t code. We value creativity, openness, transparency, persistence, and entrepreneurialism.
As a UX Designer, you'll solve hard and complex problems that span across the engineering and product organization. Using your skills in conception, facilitation, prototyping, and visual design, you'll launch fabulous experiences that change the way people create apps and make their lives more convenient. As a designer on a small but mighty team, you'll have an impact on our design framework and the way that we work and collaborate.
What you will do
- Engage with product teams at a strategic level to frame what we need to build and how to get there
- Collaborate with user researchers to define and conduct user research to truly understand our customers and users’ goals and validate our design solutions
- Coordinate and integrate the work of fellow designers for a seamless and unified experience
- Translate problems and new concepts into intuitive and clean experiences. Our system is complex, but shouldn't feel that way to our users
- Know design patterns like the back of your hand, and can help build and maintain a cohesive visual language
- Understand how design impacts development and vice versa. Your designs should be feasible to implement, and you'll make sure they're developed accurately
What you have
- 5-8+ years of experience in UX or interaction design with a heavy emphasis on solid human-centered design methods
- An inspiring portfolio showing us how you have researched and crafted great experiences, seeing them through to released products
- A knack for bending design tools (preferable Figma) to your will
- Ability to understand and distill complex problems into elegant, informed solutions
- Ability to visualize and prototype intended solutions using a range of tools and formats at various levels of fidelity
- High level of initiative and a “make it work” ethos to successfully bring a product design from conception to launch in an iterative and agile development environment
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills with the ability to articulate ideas and concepts to internal stakeholders and customers as well as receive feedback on designs
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to [email protected].