Senior Software Engineer, Front-End
Reverie Labs (YC W18) is building a pharmaceutical company from the ground up using computation—we’re a drug company that looks and feels like a tech company. We’re a team of engineers and machine learning researchers using cutting-edge tools to design new medicines.
At Reverie Labs, we’re rethinking drug discovery by building a biotech company that looks and feels like a tech company.
We’re looking for engineers to build the computational platform that generates the next era of life-saving treatments for patients. Our front-end engineers will work side-by-side with our other software engineers, computational chemists, and medicinal chemists to achieve drug discovery objectives. We are looking for a mission-driven individual that is capable of rapidly bringing ideas from 0 to 1 and eager to apply software engineering skills to life-saving cures.
If you enjoy these types of projects, we’d love to hear from you!
- Designing and developing internal tools using the latest web technologies to enable computational chemists to explore molecular properties.
- Using web frameworks (Django, React, etc) to architect intuitive user interfaces for non-technical users to interact with machine learning software.
- Deploying applications to cloud infrastructure, such as AWS or GCP.
- Owning the full development cycle of a product from ideation to implementation to deployment (of course in collaboration with a team!)
We don’t have a hard set of background requirements, but we most value the following areas:
- Focus on UI/UX: Detail-oriented mindset in developing user experiences. We are looking for developers with an eye for design and interest in working with other scientists to build new tools.
- Collaborative work style: You will work closely with backend engineers, ML engineers, and chemists to design software.
- We are seeking candidates with 3+ years of industry experience.
- We don’t expect any experience with machine learning or biology/chemistry for this role.
- Most importantly, an eagerness to learn new skills, wear many hats, and work closely with a growing team of people.
Finally, we base our employment decisions entirely on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications—we do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, parental status, personal beliefs, veteran status, age, or any other status. We have zero tolerance for any kind of discrimination, and we are looking for candidates who share those values. Applications from women and members of underrepresented minority groups are particularly welcomed.
Here’s a small sample of some of the hard tasks we solve to accomplish our goal of developing life-saving treatments for patients:
- Developing new machine learning algorithms and architectures to model complex biological systems.
- Translating state-of-the-art machine learning techniques designed to work on images, text, or audio into the domain of molecules.
- Creating a large-scale distributed training and hyperparameter optimization system.
- Using data mining and processing techniques to uncover new sources of data and clean our existing datasets.
- Using predictive modeling to make critical decisions about which tests to run in the lab.