Prodigal Technologies is a Y-Combinator backed startup led by IIT Bombay & Wharton business grads. The founders have previously worked at organizations such as BCG, Blackstone, Fundbox, Tower Research & Accel.
We are revolutionizing how the rapidly growing personal loan industry performs its servicing and collections functions. Our first product is a speech analytics SaaS product that works for all types of lenders and debt collection agencies. We are building our technology platform in India and are serving customers in USA.
What will you be doing?
The 3 core responsibilities of a PM at Prodigal.
Ideate, execute, iterate, ideate. This mantra is the very core of the Product ethos at Prodigal. With one foot with Customer Success & Growth teams and the other with the Engineering teams, Prodigal offers its PMs the opportunity to resonate with customer problems first-hand while scoping the problems into the brackets of available technological expertise & resources at hand and to turn them into visionary product ideas.
- Set the Pace
If you move fast, Prodigal moves fast. Shepherding the team to meet aggressive deadlines while moderating the customer expectations is a consistent conundrum in a PM's life. A Product Manager with us will always have multiple balls in the air at the same time; prioritising and expectation-setting becomes critical. Our team currently sets the bar high and dropping any of these balls is as unforgivable as a baseball strike!
With Prodigal, as a PM, you are the Product Owner. Building the product is just half the battle won. Given that we function in a low-tech industry, the onus of selling the futuristic products and getting the customers to adopt it is on the Product Manager. Stepping into the shoes of our customers to empathise with their problems and working hand in hand with their growth teams, are some of the most frequent levers you would need to pull, to excel as a PM at Prodigal.
What you should already have?
- Passionate about Prodigal and the problem we are solving.
- At least 2 years of experience in Product Management, Management Consulting, VC/PE or Investment Banking
- Ability to organise in chaos is of paramount importance
- Prior experience in FinTech or SaaS would be an added advantage
- Clear and effective written and verbal communicator. This is non-negotiable for a PM. (Need to get multiple stakeholders to buy-in to your ideas)
- A sense of Engineering scopes, limitations and timelines
- Some behavioural skills we prefer in a PM:
- Effective listener
- Ability to think big and small
- Ability to build consensus while driving hard decisions
- Can motivate the team to dream big
Interesting problems we're solving
- Creating an intuitive UI for a speech analytics product. Traditional speech analytics products have very poor usability and are hard to implement for a business.
- Return search results on the call corpus for queries such as "Which calls had a payment dispute?"