Second Measure analyzes billions of credit card transactions to answer real-time questions about consumer behavior. Through our self-service analytics platform, we help our clients – some of the world's largest brands and investment firms – answer questions like:
How did Soulcycle's recent connection to a presidential fundraiser affect ridership? https://www.fastcompany.com/90405922/soulcycle-customers-take-a-dip
Where is Uber gaining or losing market share?
Which restaurant delivery company reigns in NYC?
Second Measure is 60 people today — mostly senior engineers and data scientists — and are backed by a strong mix of VCs (Bessemer, Norwest, YC) and banks (Goldman Sachs, Citi, Jefferies). We're headquartered in downtown San Mateo (just minutes from Caltrain and 101), with an office in NYC.
We're growing and looking for other strong builders, especially those who can grow into leadership roles.
As part of the marketing team (and reporting to the director of marketing), you’ll help Second Measure tell engaging data stories with owned media and earned media. We will work together to build our brand among multiple target audiences using multiple touch points. Each day, you will manage our Data Points research blog, press activities, email newsletter, and social media channels.
In this role, you will:
- Analyze data, create impactful data visualizations, and publish compelling content on our blog and social media channels
- Collaborate with our applied data team to ensure data is accurate and fully contextualized
- Strengthen our media relations with top business and trade media outlets -- building on the hundreds of press mentions we have received to date (e.g., The New York Times, WSJ, Barron’s, TechCrunch, and CNBC)
- Manage inbound press requests efficiently
- Leverage existing journalist relationships
- Cultivate new relationships with journalists
- Oversee newsletter content curation
- Develop new channels to show expertise
- You have 5+ years of experience in content marketing or data journalism
- You have created data-driven editorial content with visualizations
- You are comfortable performing data analysis and navigating Excel (can perform...)
- You are comfortable on social media platforms such as LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook
- You are familiar with SEO principles
- Bonus if you have pitched stories to top-tier media outlets
Working at Second Measure:
- Highly competitive compensation, systematized to promote fairness and break down traditional gender, race, and age pay gaps
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their families
- 401(k) with company matching (up to 4% of annual salary) Unlimited paid time off and flexible work arrangements
- Generous paid parental leave
- Pre-tax FSAs and commuter benefits
- Life insurance, disability plans, and legal assistance
*Note on remote ability: We are all working from home at least through 2020 to keep our team safe and healthy. We hope to (at some point) work from our San Mateo, CA and NYC offices in some capacity in 2021 and it would be great if you are based near one of those locations. That said, we are open to hiring someone remote on a permanent basis, granted they need to be based in one of the following states: AL, CA, CO, IL, NJ, NY, or WA.