We strive to empower businesses to build better product, by ensuring they can ship fast without compromising data trust.
For any online business, it’s increasingly critical for companies to understand their customers interests, behaviors, and experiences. To put it bluntly: understand your customers or someone else will. However, planning and implementing product analytics is inefficient, disjointed, error prone, and cumbersome.
We are developers and data scientists who solved this problem at scale at QuizUp (100m users, backed by Sequoia and Tencent). Before Avo, product teams have been forced to choose between product delivery speed and data quality.
Today, Avo is trusted by product teams such as TripAdvisor, Sotheby's, Skip, Fullstory, and Patreon to ship product fast without compromising data quality.
What’s the opportunity? 🤔 Developers, product managers, and analytics managers have never had a platform to collaborate on shipping product analytics fast without bugs. Avo is that platform. You will help solve user experience challenges that have never been solved before.Avo is a startup based in San Francisco and Iceland and backed by world class investors, including Y Combinator, GGV and Heavybit. We're looking for someone with experience designing interactive applications and who can design intuitive digital products for complex processes using solutions such as Google Sheet-like collaboration and GitHub-like review processes.
What will I be doing? 🚀
- Designing simple-to-use products for complex processes using solutions such as Google Sheet-like collaboration and GitHub-like review processes.
- Conducting user research and competitive analysis.
- Identifying new product opportunities, features and improvements.
- Designing user flows, prototypes, micro-interactions, and high-fidelity visuals.
- Working in a highly collaborative fashion with engineers, customer success, go-to-market, and other partners to ensure alignment and a high-quality implementation.
- Analysing data to understand impact of feature releases and to make decisions.
- Building our internal design system.
- Expanding the design culture within the company.
What skills and traits do I need? 📚
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Able to convey and communicate results and learnings in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Willing and able to work in a remote culture and communicate in writing.
- Able to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Empathy for the user and motivation for delivering an outstanding user experience.
- Ability to think through complex processes and interaction design.
- High proficiency in designing user flows, prototypes and high fidelity visuals using tools such as Figma.
- Excited about data-driven development.
- Eager to learn and grow.
- Experience leveraging user behavior analytics to answer questions, for example, through building charts in Amplitude or querying SQL databases.
- Experience implementing event-based analytics, with tools such as Amplitude, Mixpanel, or Segment.
- Experience designing products for software developers.
What do I get? 😍
- Join a high-performing, fast-moving, international startup backed by world-class investors, including Y Combinator, GGV and Heavybit.
- A company culture comprised of mutual respect, no politics, all hands on deck, and a sense of shared responsibility.
- Teammates that are passionate about delivering the best UX to our users, and care about continuous improvement – for ourselves, the product and the company.
- Top-of-the-line equipment.
- A remote-friendly culture.
- The opportunity to learn a lot and grow with us.
What are the next steps? 🐾
To start your application visit 👉 https://app.beapplied.com/apply/r6sgbptgdu
You’ll answer some questions that are related to your day-to-day job. After the job opening closes, your answers will go through our sift process: all answers will be anonymized, randomized and then reviewed by a panel of reviewers. In order to prevent bias we will not look at your CV until your answers have been anonymously reviewed and the shortlist has been drafted.
If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to the next step, and finally an interview. Also, we love giving feedback, so you'll be able to see how well you performed at each stage of the application process.
We will start reviewing applications on August 7. Expected duration of this application process is 4-6 weeks.