Senior Infrastructure Engineer
We strive to empower businesses to build better product, by ensuring they can ship fast without compromising data trust.
For any online business, it’s increasingly critical for companies to understand their customers interests, behaviors, and experiences. To put it bluntly: understand your customers or someone else will. However, planning and implementing product analytics is inefficient, disjointed, error prone, and cumbersome.
We are developers and data scientists who solved this problem at scale at QuizUp (100m users, backed by Sequoia and Tencent). Before Avo, product teams have been forced to choose between product delivery speed and data quality.
Today, Avo is trusted by product teams such as TripAdvisor, Sotheby's, Skip, Fullstory, and Patreon to ship product fast without compromising data quality.
At Avo we believe good products are built with fast and measurable iterations towards a clear purpose. We focus on building outstanding tools for product teams and developers, so they can ship products fast without compromising data quality. Read more about our vision at Avo. We welcome talented people from all backgrounds, remote or onsite in San Francisco or Reykjavik. Come join us!
What’s the opportunity? 🤔
Avo is a startup based in San Francisco and Iceland, and backed by world class investors, including Y Combinator, GGV and Heavybit. We are looking for someone experienced in cloud infrastructure to join our team. If you’re excited about designing and rolling out reliable and fast cloud infrastructure, you’re in the right place.
What will I be doing? 🚀
Leading initiatives for new features with large infrastructure components. Designing, building and optimizing our cloud infrastructure using Google Cloud services such as BigQuery, Dataflow, PubSub, Compute Engine, and Cloud functions. Developing web services with ReasonML and Node.js. Expanding our continuous deployment, and cloud monitoring systems. Playing a key role in identifying and handling incidents.
What skills and traits do I need? 📚
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Able to convey and communicate results and learnings in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Willing and able to work in a remote culture and communicate in writing.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a cross-functional team.
- Ability to focus on the product even when building infrastructure.
- High proficiency in designing, building and maintaining cloud infrastructure.
- Excited about data-driven development.
- Always be improving.
- Bonus for:
- Experience with front end development using tools such as React.
- Experience with leveraging user behavior analytics to answer questions, for example, through building charts in Amplitude or querying SQL databases.
- Experience implementing event-based analytics with tools such as Amplitude, Mixpanel, or Segment.
What do I get? 😍
- Join a, high-performing, fast-moving, international startup backed by world-class investors, including Y Combinator, GGV and Heavybit.
- A company culture comprised of mutual respect, no politics, all hands on deck, and a sense of shared responsibility.
- Teammates that care about continuous improvement — for ourselves and our company.
- Top-of-the-line equipment.
- A remote-friendly culture.
- The opportunity to learn a lot and grow with us.
What are the next steps? 🐾
To start your application visit 👉 https://app.beapplied.com/apply/pdo5ko1xyn 👈
You’ll answer some questions that are related to your day-to-day job. After the job closes, your answers will go through our sift process: all answers will be anonymized, randomized and then reviewed by a panel of reviewers. In order to prevent bias we will not look at your CV until your answers have been anonymously reviewed and the shortlist has been drafted.
If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to the next step, and finally an interview. Also, we love giving feedback, so you'll be able to see how well you performed at each stage of the application process.
We will start reviewing applications on August 7. Expected duration of this application process is 4-6 weeks.