Visual Product Designer
At imgix, we are building the "graphics card" for the Internet. We provide image and visual media processing on-demand via a URL-based API. We connect to a customer's existing images (e.g. S3 bucket) and then provide a domain they can use to access those images dynamically, creating any number of sizes, crops, adjustments, and other variants of those images. Think of it like Photoshop's "Save for Web" feature but for a million images at a time.
imgix is looking for a Visual Product Designer to join our Design team. In this role, you will work closely with other members of the Design, Front-End, and Marketing teams to help craft the future of imgix products and the design language that goes into marketing them.
At imgix we are a highly visual company, and good design is at the core of what we do and how we present ourselves to the world. The imgix design team strives to uphold principles of good design and usability in our products and for our users. We seek designers with strong user experience and visual design skills, interested in making a meaningful impact within our growing design team.
- Exceptional design thinking with a specific focus on visual design, rooted in strong user experience and ethical design fundamentals.
- At least 0-2 years of industry experience, ideally having worked in collaborative environments with designers and developers.
- A design portfolio that demonstrates a cultivated aesthetic, clearly communicated process breakdowns, and a sense of user-focused thinking.
- Experience producing products and content across multiple mediums including web, mobile, print, and motion.
- Thoughtfulness and objectivity when presenting designs or providing critique, and doing so with empathy, confidence, and clarity.
- Experience creating refined and detailed designs in Figma, Sketch, Illustrator, etc.
- Nice to have (but not required) skills in one or more of: Illustration, Photography, Motion Graphics, Copywriting, or Front-End Development.
About the role:
- Collaboratively create the visual design and user experience of product features within the design team, with a specific focus on the visual design.
- Assist in the ideation and brainstorming of new experiences and product features, while actively improving and documenting existing ones.
- Actively participate in design reviews, developer handoffs, and project planning involving multiple teams within imgix.
- Create marketing materials to promote imgix as a brand, educate users on our products, and communicate ideas and proposals
- Support internal Sales, Marketing, Support, and Rendering teams, while gaining valuable insight from our users and team members to improve our products both internally and externally
- Enthusiasm in maintaining a working knowledge or understanding of imgix as a product, its functionality, and its infrastructure.
- For the time being, imgix is currently operating 100% remotely given concerns with COVID-19. This role will be remote, with the expectation of being based in our San Francisco office when it is appropriate and our office can safely reopen.
imgix is building the future of visual media on the Internet. imgix operates the premier solution to deliver impactful, engaging, highly responsive and super fast imagery to eyeballs around the world. Our service consists of a top-tier image delivery platform tightly coupled with imgix's proprietary, on-demand image processing pipeline. It provides customers with great design flexibility while reducing the engineering investment required to serve state-of-the-art visual media. imgix enables our customers to greatly increase the value of their imagery and get back to building awesome things.
We are located in downtown San Francisco, close to BART, Caltrain, and a really good sandwich place. Employee benefits are comprehensive (401k, medical, dental and vision), perks are generous (catered lunches, paid rides home, team outings), vacation time is flexible, and salaries are commensurate with experience. We also provide employees with anything they (reasonably) need to be effective in their work: funky keyboards, standing desks, a desk cactus, and maybe even a laptop. The troposphere is the limit.