Solutions Engineer -- Business Development
We're leveraging data, ML, and web-based workflow tools to dramatically improve the construction and remodeling experience for homeowners, architects, and contractors.
BuildZoom is a managed marketplace that is modernizing the $1.2 trillion remodeling and construction industry. To bring transparency and accountability to this notoriously opaque industry, we have developed a system that compiles and analyzes data on over 220 million projects, completed by 3.5 million licensed contracting businesses, on over 50 million job sites.
In addition to powering our marketplace, the data platform also enables BuildZoom to partner with some of the world’s largest companies in the insurance, real estate, and financial service markets.
Working with our SVP of Business Development, the Solutions Engineer will turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions for our clients and business partners. The successful candidate is both technical and eloquent, capable of seamlessly interfacing with high-level business executives, analysts, and data scientists. By enabling existing and prospective strategic partners to leverage our data platform, you’ll ensure we continue our rapid growth trajectory.
This position can be located in Scottsdale, AZ or San Francisco, CA.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of our data system and how it can be used to support a wide variety of use cases across multiple industries, which include insurance companies, lenders, and real estate businesses
- Work with a data set that includes over 220M records and billions of construction data points, applying modern statistical techniques to identify data patterns, inconsistencies, trends, insights, and opportunities
- Work closely with our Senior Vice President of Business Development to gain a deep understanding of customer use cases and propose solutions that include data, technology, and marketing components
- Help us win large enterprise partnership deals by engaging with technical counterparts within the partner’s organization
- Collaborate with our internal product and engineering teams in support of continually improving the scope and quality of our data
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a quantitative discipline
- 2+ years experience with client-facing data analysis
- Technical expertise in SQL and Excel (vlookup, pivot tables, data joins, cleanup, and aggregation)
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills with ability to distill large data sets into meaningful insights and takeaways
- Ability to organize and present complex information to effectively advocate technical solutions to non-technical audiences
- Attention to detail
- Working knowledge of applied statistics
- Python or R experience preferred